Old 07-05-2006, 02:48 PM   #11
boyforpele13
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to boyforpele13 Send a message via MSN to boyforpele13 Send a message via Yahoo to boyforpele13
excellent idea, Sara Jayne, and also, Found ads in newspapers are usually free. Might want to check that too.

Share Your Life With a Deaf Dog!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. - Marianne Williamson
boyforpele13 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-05-2006, 02:59 PM   #12
Jenelle
Instepping Out

Send a message via AIM to Jenelle Send a message via MSN to Jenelle Send a message via Yahoo to Jenelle
Originally Posted by iza
Who would do such a thing??? Neighbours?
I don't know who could have done this, but I can understand why they might have.

Ashes is a Manx, and she doesn't have a tail. The reason why I came up with the name ashes, was because whenever she layed on the ground, she looked like a pile of ashes because of her color(she's grey, brown, black, tan, and white). Someone could have easily mistaken her as a rabbit too.

My mom even thought about maybe someone was target practicing and she acidentally went into the range(I doubt that).

I want to call the police station to tell them to be on the lookout for someone shooting cats.

Ohh, I was also wondering if anyone has a pattern for a harness. At the end of this month we are planning on going camping and we are taking her with us. I'm thinking a harness would be better than a collar in her situation.
Jenelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 04:08 PM   #13
janelanespaintbrush
Working the Gusset

I'm so glad your kitty is going to be okay. You know, I was wondering... do you think it could've been some kind of fireworks accident rather than a gunshot? It's probably naive of me, but I really want to believe it wasn't intentional. :( It's just too sad to think about.
janelanespaintbrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 04:29 PM   #14
Jenelle
Instepping Out

Send a message via AIM to Jenelle Send a message via MSN to Jenelle Send a message via Yahoo to Jenelle
No, it wasn't fireworks. The vet said that he found bullet fragments when he did the surgery.

Ohh good news, ASHES IS COMING HOME TOMORROW!!

The vet said that she's doing excellent! She's eating soft food, and this afternoon they are taking her IV out and starting her on liquid anti-biotics. He said for her age(she's 10 months), she should be good to go in no time!
Old 07-05-2006, 04:33 PM   #15

I'm so sorry to hear about your baby. I'm so glad she's going to be okay. What a great vet you have to come over after hours like that, I couldn't even imagine being able to do that.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:54 PM   #16
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

I am OUTRAGED to hear that someone would do such a thing to a poor, defenseless animal!!!!
So very happy to hear that it's okay.

I'm afraid that we have had several very traumatic pet days....we lost Bo, our parrotet a few days ago...then Sally (doxie) was injured on the night of the 3rd...she got staples on the 4th. And, today, our oldest cat, Snuggle had to be put down...very, very sad. Details on my blog.

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Whimsical Knitting
Whimsical Knitting Designs

I'm Becka on Ravelry!

rebecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:02 PM   #17
sara_jayne
2nd Sock, I Rock

Becca
sara_jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:17 PM   #18
orcoastknitter
Turning the Heel

That just ticks me off. How can someone harm an innocent cat? Hope Ashes has a speedy recovery!

Jodi
orcoastknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:30 PM   #19
Jenelle
Instepping Out

Aww rebecca I'm so sorry

The funniest thing had happened when we took her though. Monday marked one week since my gram had passed, and so my mom was talking to the vet and said, "Yeah his mother just passed away last monday.."

"Aw I'm so sorry... what kind of cat was she?"

That was the highlight of the week :rofling:
Old 07-05-2006, 08:27 PM   #20
mks22300
Instepping Out

Send a message via MSN to mks22300
Oh Jenelle, I'm so sorry to hear about Ashes, but I'm very glad that she's going to make a full recovery. I couldn't believe when I read that she was shot! Why do people have to be so cruel to harmless, innocent animals?

I'm mks22300 at ravelry
mks22300 is offline   Reply With Quote