Old 07-05-2006, 09:36 PM   #21
jamiejeans
Knitting the Flap

I HIGHLY ENCOURAGE YOU TO CONTACT THE POLICE!!!!!

Shooting a cat (and obviously this was on purpose) is animal abuse. The person(s) who committed this terrible act should be punished. I would personally like to tortue them and then let them die a slow death. Sounds a bit over the top to some, I am sure, but I find people who harm animals (who can not defend itself against a human with a weapon) are the lowest possible scum!

I have two cats and a dog....and I love them like people love their children. I would protect them the same, too. If something like this happened to one of them I would be searching for the a*holes who did it and prosecute.

Good luck and my best to Ashes.

Check out my neglected blog for finished objects and other humors:
www.squawkergirl.blogspot.com

My website: http://jamiejeanjewelry.com
MY ETSY:
http://jamiejeanjewelry.etsy.com
jamiejeans is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-06-2006, 12:51 PM   #22
Jenelle
Instepping Out

Send a message via AIM to Jenelle Send a message via MSN to Jenelle Send a message via Yahoo to Jenelle
She's home!!

She's doing fine. As soon as my parents brought her into the house, she immediatly jumped for food!

The vet did an amazing job with the surgery, you can hardly tell that it ever happened
Jenelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 12:56 PM   #23
sara_jayne
2nd Sock, I Rock

I'm so glad she's doing so well!!!
sara_jayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 12:57 PM   #24
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,764 Times in 7,132 Posts
Originally Posted by Jenelle

The funniest thing had happened when we took her though. Monday marked one week since my gram had passed, and so my mom was talking to the vet and said, "Yeah his mother just passed away last monday.."

"Aw I'm so sorry... what kind of cat was she?"

That was the highlight of the week :rofling:
I bet that WAS funny! Thanks for the giggle! I'm so glad she's doing well. Are you going to keep her inside now?

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 01:09 PM   #25
Jenelle
Instepping Out

Send a message via AIM to Jenelle Send a message via MSN to Jenelle Send a message via Yahoo to Jenelle
Yeah, we are going to keep her inside now. She usually doesn't even leave the property, maybe to go down to the creek to watch the fish swim, but other than that she's usually inside.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:45 PM   #26
DragonTush
1st Leg of the Journey

I'm glad she is okay. I'm also glad you are going to keep her indoors. In this day and age there are simply too many hazards out on the streets for our cats to be loose.

My Blog
DragonTush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:17 PM   #27
Andrea
2nd Sock, I Rock

Send a message via MSN to Andrea
Oh Jenelle, I just saw this thread...how horrible!! I would contact your local police just to let them know it happened. If your cat got shot, the person may be out and about doing it to numerous animals. The person could definitely get arrested for that! In my opinion, his punishment should be shooting him in his face!

No chorus?
Houyhnhnms!
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 03:33 AM   #28
humblestumble
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to humblestumble Send a message via Yahoo to humblestumble
I'm so glad she is doing okay! That is a horrible thing for someone to do to an animal. I have heard and (unfortunately seen - by way of internet) much worse. I just can't believe people do those things to animals. Especially when they just let them lay there defenseless.

In November, before my birthday, one of our family dogs got hit by a car that was going way too fast. They didnt even stop to look and see what they had done. Talon was a white dog, and even at night u wouldve seen her. And to drive completely over her ribcage and her neck without feeling or checking to see if it was okay, amazes me. People drive way too recklessly down my street. Needless to say, she was killed.

Anyway, it's a coincedence that you named your cat Ashes! I named my boyfriend's cat Ashes also. She's about a year old, maybe older. Her mom's a manx, but she was born with a tail! I think it's so cool what a similarity that is.

I just can't stress how glad I am for you that she is alive and well. I bet this situation makes your love for her even stronger and even more appretiative of her being there. I know I would be.

http://www.amsfineart.com

humblestumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 11:22 AM   #29
janelanespaintbrush
Working the Gusset

So glad to here she's back home and hungry. That's a great sign! (mmmm... kibble...)
janelanespaintbrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:46 PM   #30
Jenelle
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by humblestumble
Anyway, it's a coincedence that you named your cat Ashes! I named my boyfriend's cat Ashes also. She's about a year old, maybe older. Her mom's a manx, but she was born with a tail! I think it's so cool what a similarity that is.
Oh that is a coincedence! I love manx cats though, they have great personalities.

Ashes is doing great today. She's still a bit sleepy, but she seems to be fine.