Old 07-05-2006, 04:22 PM   #11
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,729 Times in 7,102 Posts
Well Jan in CA is pretty clear...my name is Jan and I live in California. Jan is common and often taken so this usually works.

However.... in most other forums I've participated in I am Purrcat. The reason behind that is pretty simple. Eight years ago I went to stay with my brother's family in Plano, TX to help take care of their toddler while my SIL had a new baby. At that time I had no other email than the one the cable company gave me so I needed a Yahoo addy. Everything I tried was taken! I like cats so choosing cat variations was a natural and this one took.

You know that Friedchickenonmyknitten name... till I just read this I thought it said KITTEN!!

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-05-2006, 04:24 PM   #12
brendajos
Grafting the Toe

Location: Going through your stash...pay no attention over here
Send a message via Yahoo to brendajos
Originally Posted by Jan in CA
Well Jan in CA is pretty clear...my name is Jan and I live in California. Jan is common and often taken so this usually works.

However.... in most other forums I've participated in I am Purrcat. The reason behind that is pretty simple. Eight years ago I went to stay with my brother's family in Plano, TX to help take care of their toddler while my SIL had a new baby. At that time I had no other email than the one the cable company gave me so I needed a Yahoo addy. Everything I tried was taken! I like cats so choosing cat variations was a natural and this one took.

You know that Friedchickenonmyknitten name... till I just read this I thought it said KITTEN!!

lol i did too and i still read it that way sometimes!
Old 07-05-2006, 04:39 PM   #13
newbieknit
1st Leg of the Journey

Mine is pretty easy.. NewbieKnit ... cuz I'm a newb to knittin'
newbieknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 04:45 PM   #14
bjc1050
Turning the Heel

Mine is simply my initials plus the last four numbers of my phone number. Not very imaginative, but easy to remember. Have never had any conflicts with anyone else.

http://crochetbydayknitterbynight.blogspot.com/

Gen 8:22

While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease
KJV
bjc1050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 04:48 PM   #15
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

:thinking: Let me see, hmmmm :thinking: I don't remember why I chose this screen name....everyone has always called me Becka....but...my name is actually Rebecca...so, there!

LOL, actually, I was thrilled to be able to use my name, I've never been the 1st Rebecca on anything on computer until KH...so, there ya go...the 1st Rebecca

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Whimsical Knitting
Whimsical Knitting Designs

I'm Becka on Ravelry!

rebecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:54 PM   #16
Danielle
Working the Gusset

Well, my previous ID on here was yellow_vw_beetle because I have a yellow vw new beetle. I decided to change it to my name, Danielle. :D

OTN: nothing :(
Danielle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:15 PM   #17
MaryB
Turning the Heel

No great story here. Mary is such a common name that I had to add something. My given name is Mary Elizabeth and my family calls me Mary Beth-------only my family gets away with that. I'm Mary to every one else.

Other screen names include mbcalva (my initials and the street where we live) and npltd (I owned Needle Pointe, Ltd for several years).
MaryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:21 PM   #18
Angelia

I just use my real name. And at least it's usually not taken since my mother didn't know how to spell 'Angela' but most everyone else's mothers did. :rollseyes: Sometimes I use characters from Spenser's The Faerie Queene since they're usually not taken either (and I think they're pretty, esp. the first one!): Marinell, Emmilen, Duessa, Florimel, Gloriana, etc.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:40 PM   #19
DianaM
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to DianaM Send a message via MSN to DianaM
Well, my real nickname is Beast. From the X-Men. I worked at a library for 8 years and was something of a walking encyclopedia, so one of my co-workers dubbed me that.

HanAku comes from a novel I wrote years ago. It's just a piecing of two japanese words: han = half / aku = evil or bad.

Though I have friends who claim I'm 100% evil
Old 07-05-2006, 07:08 PM   #20
BinkyKat
Instepping Out

BinkyKat is me... for my cat..Binky. He's quite the character and I have used his name as the "company name" of a lot of my handmade stuff in various forms with our last name...Hay. Most often on the back of computer printed cards I put a funny cartoon pic of an orange kitty and title it the Hay!Binky Card Co.
If I make a paper tag for a gift I put "Look what my mommy made!" from Hay!BinkyBeads or Hay!BinkyKnits
I think it got started when the crate we carried him to the vet in came labeled with "Binky - cat" when we took him to be fixed...so they knew it was his crate and not the dog also named Binky at our local vet.