Old 07-06-2007, 01:40 PM   #221
ekgheiy
Instepping Out

Send a message via ICQ to ekgheiy Send a message via AIM to ekgheiy Send a message via MSN to ekgheiy Send a message via Yahoo to ekgheiy
Originally Posted by Hildegard_von_Knittin View Post
Even though I already responded in this thread, I wanted to add an ammendment... since I joined KH I've been using mutations of my screen name for everything, and since so many people INSIST that my name *really* is Hildie ( kellyK! ), I've just taken to using that instead of my real name. Since I've recently started dating, I've introduced myself as Hildie, and I kind of like it!
Now that I'm divorced, once I get all my crap together to change myname back, I'm going to add Hildegard to my legal name
You go girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ekgheiy is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-06-2007, 02:00 PM   #222
ekgheiy
Instepping Out

Send a message via ICQ to ekgheiy Send a message via AIM to ekgheiy Send a message via MSN to ekgheiy Send a message via Yahoo to ekgheiy
Originally Posted by Miss Moosey View Post
My screen name is a nickname my mom gave me because I simply love everything about moose .

-Rebecca
I had no idea that moose were that big. I always thought they were a LOT smaller than they are... </random thought>

ekgheiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 03:30 PM   #223
bajanKnit
Knitting the Flap

My screen name is simple "bajan" is local slang for Barbadian so instead of barbadianknit i just say bajanknit i am very proud of were i come from.. the beatiful island of barbados where it is summer 365 days year..:happydancing:
bajanKnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:42 PM   #224
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

I was just so excited to get my name!!! I now have wished many, many, many times that I typed in "Becka" but...duh, too late now!! And then, of course, I wish Knitting Yoda (not meaning I am one, but it is my signature av!), but I hadn't even taken the photo at that point! Knitting Yoda would be the coolest name ever! I would change my name to it, but then I would then sound like I know so much about knitting which ain't even close to the truth, LOL!
I do love everyone's imagination, tho!

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Whimsical Knitting
Whimsical Knitting Designs

I'm Becka on Ravelry!
rebecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 09:13 AM   #225
Stiney
2nd Sock, I Rock

Send a message via AIM to Stiney
I'm replying again, because I changed my username. I was cawthraven, and am now Stiney.

My brother couldn't say my name when he was little, so he said "Stine" (rhymes with "queen.") One of my best friends found this out and started calling me this. At some point in college, all of my friends from home started calling me Stine. Except one, who was pronouncing it "Stine" rhymes with "mine," so he and all of his college friends call me that.

I started going by that on here instead of Christine or cawthraven, and asked Amy to switch my name. Stine was taken, but I get called "Stiney" a lot, too, so that works.

And both pronunciations of my name are equally correct and valid.

Brenda, I say either "brenDA-hoes" or "BRENdaJOEZ."

Am famoos!

Stiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 04:33 AM   #226
Duessa
1st Leg of the Journey

As someone mentioned earlier, Mine is from the Faerie Queene. I think the story is pretty cool and I like to use literary references because they are almost never taken and I'm a Lit major so I have a huge bank to choose from. I almost always use villian names too because they are much cooler than the chick the guy gets. lol I have another user name that I use on some games, Madea. everyone thinks it's after that tv show but it's an ancient greek play and she is an evil sorceress. I guess that make me sound a little snobby. lol

Last edited by Duessa : 06-14-2008 at 04:34 AM. Reason: needed to fix spelling and typos
Duessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 06:30 AM   #227
mathwizard
Turning the Heel

name
I chose my name because I am a mathematician. I have a Master of Science Degree in Mathematics and still teach on the side to friends and my sons' friends. I am a a mathwizard and that is not bragging but the truth. I think I will try a crochet teaching video, I want to try out something new!!!
Past Portfolio reviewer for Crochet Guild of America
mathwizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 07:26 AM   #228
Duessa
1st Leg of the Journey

hmm...you and I may need to talk. math is my weakness!
Duessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 07:47 AM   #229
medic777
Ribbing the Cuff

Many may think my screenname Medic777 refers to something medical or my occupation but oh no, first 2 letters of my first name, first 3 letters of my last name, and my lucky number. So there ya go. Sometime I use Nanasknitsticks. This came about when I lost one of my 14" No. 8 straight knitting needles and had looked for it for weeks. My visiting 5 year old grandson got so excited one day and said "Hey, I found Nana's knit stick!!

I'm nanasknitsticks at Ravelry
medic777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 08:06 AM   #230
LovelyLinda
1st Leg of the Journey

Well mine is boring compared to some of the others I've seen. Linda was taken so I just added Lovely to it. I've since wished I had given it more thought but I guess I was afraid I'd forget.

Oh well.