Old 06-14-2008, 08:25 AM   #231
Mirl56
Instepping Out

My name is Marilyn - at a couple boards I am MarilynL (last name starts with L - I know, so creative!!)

My nickname is Mirl; has been since I was 5 or 6 yrs old. I don't think DH even knows how to spell Marilyn. I was born in 1956 - hence Mirl56.

Mirl56 at Ravelry, too.

Learn from the mistakes of others. You canít live long enough to make them all yourself. Eleanor Roosevelt

OTN:
Lady Feb Sweater
more shawlettes, socks
Mirl56 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 06-14-2008, 10:08 AM   #232
knitpurlgurl
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Yahoo to knitpurlgurl Send a message via Skype™ to knitpurlgurl
Mine is pretty explanatory.. although I used to use (on other sites) medassistgal or medassistteach because I am a medical assistant and until 1 month ago, I taught medical assisting (quit job to be SAHM and to RELOCATE). Basically, I wanted to have a screen name that reflected knitting on a knitting site.. but knitgirl was taken, so I tried KnitPurlGurl and it was available. So I have used it everywhere every since.

"Yarn stashes insulate the house."
"Just one more skein can't hurt."
- from Knitticisms
knitpurlgurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 10:27 AM   #233
Crycket
Working the Gusset

Send a message via Skype™ to Crycket
Well...

I became Cricket at a Girl Guide camp. I was about 13 and despretly wanted a nick name, like some of the other girls.

We were at a Regional Park, one that we could camp at. There were other Scouts there that weekend, and we kept happening upon this one particular group of boys.
One of them had blue lips (he was eating blue candy...*smiles*) So I was razzing him every time we happened to cross paths. Well...by the end of the day...his leader was saying "ooooo Corkys got a girlfriend" tauntingly every time I walk by.

I don't know how many of you remember the talking dolls of the 80's, but there was a Doll that came out by the name of Cricket, and later followed with her brother Corky. So...he was Corky, I ended up with Cricket.

I slowly ended up adapting to Crycket when I found it was rather hard to get the C-R-I-C-K-E-T spelling. Seeing as my real name is Crysta, it only seemed to fit that I take it on as that spelling anyway.

Growing old is mandatory, growing UP is optional!
Crycket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 11:11 AM   #234
knittingymnast
Working the Gusset

Hey you all!

Not trying to impose, but I created a thread on this, too! If y'all wanna read about other pplz screen names, then check it out!

Here it is:

http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=76087
knittingymnast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 04:02 PM   #235
tokmom
Turning the Heel

TOK= Tons of Kids. I have 7.
Mom explains itself.

future plans: Afghan, baby blanket and a cabled...something ;hats and mittens to follow for kids.

Tokmom on Raverly
tokmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 04:33 PM   #236
Ladylou
1st Leg of the Journey

Ladylou
Hey Everyone!

What a fun thread!

"Ladylou" comes from in part a nickname and in part my horse's name When we bought my horse her registered name was "PF Snow Chex". Well, I didnt like it very much but you cant change it officially. So we just named her for at home, "Chloe Lou". We thought it was cute and it matches her sassy personality The "lady" prefix from from my nickname at school of being "lady barbie" (which is a really, really long story. My best friend came up with it, despite my complaints. It was something about me being blonde and 6 foot, and being hit by a parked car once. Yeah, it really happened ).

And so... Ladylou was born!

Love,
Lexie
Old 06-15-2008, 04:39 PM   #237
Raeknitsnwa
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via Yahoo to Raeknitsnwa
I have to say I wish I had some cool story behind my screen name but sadly I don't lol mines is pretty explainitory I am Rae I knit & I live in Washington hence Raeknitsnwa boring yes I know but easy to remember lol
~~You Must Be The Change You Want To See In The World -Ghandi~~

Raeknitsnwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 06:02 PM   #238
LilHuskiesFootBallMom
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to LilHuskiesFootBallMom Send a message via Yahoo to LilHuskiesFootBallMom
Mine's obvious...

My 10 year old plays pop warner football... in our town the pop warner league is the "Little Huskies" since the high school football team is The Huskies....

next fall my 7 year old may be joining the football teams as well... so i shortened Little to Lil.... and I'm their mom..

So Little Huskies Football Mom
Shortened to LilHuskiesFootBallMom
LilHuskiesFootBallMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 06:36 PM   #239
Wanda Witch
Turning the Heel

Years ago I dated a fellow who loved horse racing in L.A. While we were dating there was some poor old nag named Wanda Witch he would always bet on whatever track she was running. Well, I doubt if Wanda Witch ever got out of the starting gate, never mind win. I guess that is why he never proposed to me - a loser, no, but friends and I have had fun with it over the years. Plus, I had (still do by the bottle) black hair and even my DH of almost 45 years calls the broom my vehicle!!
Wanda Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 08:49 AM   #240
Ronda
Instepping Out

Send a message via MSN to Ronda Send a message via Yahoo to Ronda
Originally Posted by brendajos View Post
I have never heard anybody call me Brendajos to my face (and would actually like to hear how people pronounce it now that I think about it...lol)
I went sort of Spanish - Brenda-Hos. :D