Old 07-19-2006, 01:08 PM   #1
SabrinaJL
Turning the Heel

Come talk to me about yarn.
I'd like to make a poncho for my mom. I want a nice feeling, soft, not-terribly-expensive yarn, but I want it to be washable. So far I've only knitted with acrylic and there is no yarn store near me so I can go check out different types of yarn (Michael's doesn't have much of a selection). Any suggestions?
SabrinaJL is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-19-2006, 01:17 PM   #2
itsbecca1979
Knitting the Flap

I recommend you check out Knit Picks They have a nice variety of natural yarns that are inexpensive! Also, Amy has banners on the site, so if you find a KP banner it's better to visit them that way so you support KH!

Wife to Jerm 11/21/97
Mommy to
Rachelle~8
Issac~6
Ethan~4
Lucas~1

OTN: Wool longies for Lucas
Urban Whatever Hat
itsbecca1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 03:07 PM   #3
jamiejeans
Knitting the Flap

Quote:
So what you are saying is that if I click on the banner on the top of whatever page I'm on KH makes money?

Genius.
Yup, thats right! I also suggest www.yarnmarket.com. Their prices are pretty good and have a huge selection, and their shipping is pretty quick.

I am finding Mission Falls Wool 1824 is good. It's soft and a machine wash wool.

Check out my neglected blog for finished objects and other humors:
www.squawkergirl.blogspot.com

My website: http://jamiejeanjewelry.com
MY ETSY:
http://jamiejeanjewelry.etsy.com
jamiejeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 10:48 AM   #4
kemp
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via ICQ to kemp Send a message via AIM to kemp Send a message via Yahoo to kemp
Fist off doglover...I am a total idiot. I was just doing a normal reply to this post, but I must've had a finger slip and somehow edited your post (please forgive a new mod!) I'm really sorry. By the time I realized it, the post was already edited and I have no idea what you originally said. I'm sooooooooooooooooo sorry!

Originally Posted by itsbecca1979
I recommend you check out Knit Picks They have a nice variety of natural yarns that are inexpensive! Also, Amy has banners on the site, so if you find a KP banner it's better to visit them that way so you support KH!
Quote:
So what you are saying is that if I click on the banner on the top of whatever page I'm on KH makes money?

Genius.
It's a little more indirect than number of times clicked...the advertiser pays a set sum. However, if the advertiser sees that they are getting a lot of hits that come from KH, they are much more likely to purchase advertising again in the future!
kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 01:53 AM   #5
SabrinaJL
Turning the Heel

Thanks ladies. I was hoping for more recommendations of specific yarns. I checked out the Mission Falls Wool 1824 but I didn't see any colors that screamed "Purchase me now!" Any other suggestions?
SabrinaJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 02:06 AM   #6
Friskums

Plymouth Encore is a great yarn. It's machine washable and usually pretty affordable.

They have a wide variety of colors and weights. Here's their site.

I usually buy this off Ebay (Roxysyarn is a great seller with phenominal customer service) or google search it to find the cheapest price.

Hope this helps. ^_^