Old 07-20-2006, 06:48 PM   #11
callmesusan
Turning the Heel

topdog
I'm going to marry Ceasar...
callmesusan is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-20-2006, 08:56 PM   #12
Mrs.H
1st Leg of the Journey

I know just what your dealing with, only there wasn't a medication that could settle my sweet Bubba(RIP) down. His place of safety was in our bedroom, not that he'd let us get any sleep until the storm passed. About what you said about sensing the coming storms, yes they can, and it's not just their amazing hearing ability. It's something hardwired into their DNA, in their survival mode. I wish you good luck finding something to help your baby.
Linda
Mrs.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 10:07 PM   #13

Thanks everyone I appreciate your sentiment in acknowledging that they are my children. Whenever someone asks me if we have kids I say yes, 3, but to unconfuse them I add that they all have 4 legs instead of 2

I too am amazed with what I've seen of Cesar Milan. I subscribe to his newsletter. I have yet to buy his book or cd's but I do want to in order to learn how to calm myself with Bailey. As for me being calm during the storms, I honestly don't feel upset, I think she's just so afraid of the noise that nothing will help. I always wondered when it started. You know? Were we gone during the time she was a puppy and there was a bad storm and she was in her crate (just for potty training purposes) now she goes in there to sleep on her own, the door never shuts!

I do hope that our next 'child' will not be this way, but if they are we'll deal with it. I wish we had digital cable to be able to watch his shows. We have netflix (we suspended the account for the summer) so when we open it up again I'm going to get all his shows so I can see him. I've seen him on oprah so that's how I know of him. I think to myself, if her sophie can get used to other dogs then my Bailey can too. I just won't believe it until it happens. She loves people, just not other animals. :rollseyes: Kids....
Old 07-20-2006, 10:46 PM   #14
callmesusan
Turning the Heel

doglover
oops! I thought it might offend you that I wanted to dog whisper your kid! I thought your little girl was human!!! (I guess I need to read more carefully. )

Get Ceasar's book!! Don't delay another second. His story and insight are as amazing as his rehabilitation techniques. He is one of my mentors for living mindfullly. You will get a lot out of his book, which will add to your CD viewing when your Netflix kicks back in.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:13 PM   #15
callmesusan
Turning the Heel

dogs
p.s. and I don't even own a dog!!!
Old 07-21-2006, 12:34 PM   #16

Re: dogs
Originally Posted by callmesusan
p.s. and I don't even own a dog!!!

You are too funny...