Old 07-20-2006, 03:18 AM   #1
noraneka
Casting On

omg, look what i saw!
i saw alot of skein of blue yarn for sale at the 99 cent store. yeah, for real! but i'm sooo dumb, i only brought one, i should have brought alot like maybe five because its all gone now... :(

its the thick, one. the worsted type.

next time i wont be this dumb
noraneka is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-20-2006, 07:48 AM   #2
Angelia

Oh, it's happened to us all. It's tough to come upon something like that on sale when you don't have a project in mind. And if you're like I am, you can't resist the good deal, even if that means only buying one skein.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:41 PM   #3
noraneka
Casting On

ahh thanks for trying to make me feel better. but i'm still slapping myself silly
noraneka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 05:57 PM   #4
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,838 Posts
Yup, we've all done it. Grab what's on sale and then wonder what the heck we'll do with one or two balls of something. :rollseyes:

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 10:14 PM   #5

I did the same thing. I bought 2 skeins of yarn that was on clearance and spent 10 bucks. Then I decided to make a baby blanket and had to get more yarn. Of course its discontinued so I went to ebay and ended up spending $18 more to be able to finish it.

Some savings!! And I'm willing to bet it'll happen again. :rollseyes:
Old 07-21-2006, 12:19 AM   #6
aylaanne
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to aylaanne Send a message via MSN to aylaanne Send a message via Yahoo to aylaanne
Originally Posted by Ingrid
Yup, we've all done it. Grab what's on sale and then wonder what the heck we'll do with one or two balls of something. :rollseyes:
That's why you now always buy 1000 yards of any yarn you like, right Ingrid? bwahaha.

In the queue:
Jack Skellington baby afghan
Finished: Warm Up America Square, Basketweave Baby Blanket (now to ship it), Massachusetts Dishcloth for the Yarn Harlot, Homeless Hat
, water bottle cozy

aylaanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 12:45 AM   #7
knitaddict
Turning the Heel

I did the same thing a few weeks ago. I found some yarn on sale at the dollar store ($1!!!) and bought 3 skeins. I started making a shawl with it and it turned out I could have used another 2 to make a sensational one. :( They didn't have any when I went back.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:37 AM   #8
snowbear
Working the Gusset

Send a message via Yahoo to snowbear
whewwwww !!!!! I thought I was the only one that did that, and tried to cover it up w/ a blanket of many colors... like the coat of many colors? lol Oh well.... now I just buy 5 or 6 of everything at least, lol but w/ out fail I'm still either 1 skein short or have 1 left over.. it must be that I've ticked off the knitting gods or something.. oh well.. my stash is growing, lol

:XX:

P.S. now daughter has changed her mind again about what yarn she wants.. tell me.. when do daughters get easier? mine is 22 and still driving me nuts....
snowbear is offline   Reply With Quote