Old 07-20-2006, 11:42 AM   #1
KnittyKitty
Knitting the Flap

By a show of needles... er hands...
how many of you take your knitting to work?

I just can't seem to leave mine alone LOL! Or if not knitting at work, surfing yarn store sites?

:XX: :XX: :XX: :XX:

Lisa
KnittyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-20-2006, 11:46 AM   #2
brendajos
Grafting the Toe

Location: Going through your stash...pay no attention over here
Send a message via Yahoo to brendajos
well i almost always have SOME knitting in my bag but i rarely touch it at work...at least not the full time joint. The part time place i can sometimes when we are all caught up on everything or i am in a training session.

surprisingly, i don't surf that many yarn sites...well besides this one. I may take a glance at shops online but i have what i think are a couple of great Local LYSs so i don't feel the need to stray very often!
Old 07-20-2006, 12:37 PM   #3
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,838 Posts
I always have knitting--I don't knit in the classroom unless there's only one or two kids there and nothing else to do, but there is a period of the day when they're in the rec room, so I can recreate, too. Plus if I have few minutes at lunch, or if there's a meeting after school.

I don't look at yarn sites much anymore because I need to save money and I'm such a sucker for sales.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 12:40 PM   #4
Cristy
Instepping Out

I have a big enough purse that I always have a skein of yarn and needles in it...I carry a Vera Bradley tote as my purse so I can keep my current project in it too. I don't have much time to knit during the day at work but sometimes I can sneak a few rows....

Cristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 01:29 PM   #5
mulene
Working the Gusset

I carry it to work. In Fact I started using a bag I got from a conference in January (a messenger type bag) to carry stuff in. It got so full (books, patterns printed off etc) that I had to leave it at home, right now I have a small plastic carrier with my knitting in it - its going everywhere with me in case I get a spare second or two to knit =D

My First Finished Project in 20 years!: Sirdar Foxy Scarf!

mulene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 01:39 PM   #6
kellyjo32
Knitting the Flap

It's sitting right beside me...every single day! I usually shovel my lunch down to get some good knitting time in! Although a lot of my lunch hour is spent here too!
Monkey's in STR Titania
My So Called Scarf in Manos del Uruguay 115 (Flame)
Wonderful Wallaby in Berroco Ultra Alpaca
Dale of Norway Sheep Sweater
kellyjo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 02:26 PM   #7
snowbear
Working the Gusset

Send a message via Yahoo to snowbear
As I work in a call center, we're allowed to read, knit, talk, etc. when not on the phones. So.. I usually can be found knitting between calls, which really help on the frustration from the people calling in needing help, yelling, etc. My boss is great with it,and encourges we do something to relax while waiting on the next call. I've worked solely on my daughter's afghan there and I'm really surprised by the amount of work I've finished.

:XX:
snowbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 02:36 PM   #8
Julie
Instepping Out

I can't knit at work, but I usually bring it with because two of my co-workers are knitters -- I love to show what I'm working on and see what they're working on too :D
Old 07-20-2006, 02:39 PM   #9
Jeremy
Mod Squad

I don't knit "at" work per se but I often have a sock or something small that I keep in the car. If I have a few minutes between hearings or a chance to go drive to the local park I'll hall it out and knit. Its a great chance to decompress from people complaining and yelling at me.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 02:41 PM   #10
becjo
Knitting the Flap

I have my knitting with me right now at work. I have alot of free time and my boss would have me doing menial tasks if I didnt look busy. Luckily for me, the way my desk is situtated, I can knit socks great without being found out. And if she's out (just like today and tomorrow) I just bring in anything to knit because I'm good for the whole day! I've finished half a dishcloth so far today. Hopefully by the time I leave in a few hours, I'll almost be done! I'm so bad!

http://www.rebecca-belle.blogspot.com

Come visit me at Ravelry! - my name is becjo
http://www.ravelry.com/people/becjo
becjo is offline   Reply With Quote