Old 07-20-2006, 03:10 PM   #1
Ladybug Lady
1st Leg of the Journey

Decrease to match Amy's Moss Stictch Increase?
Is there a decrease that I can do that would more or less match the moss increase? I'm going to be increasing/decreasing at the end of rows before I add a moss stitch border, so it would be perfect. I really don't want to knit the piece in 2 parts and join them in the middle so that every angle would be an increase, so I need a decrease that would match.

Thanks!!

"I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has had to overcome while trying to succeed." ~ Booker T. Washington

WAGE PEACE!!

"Be the change that you want to see in the world." ~Mohandas Gandhi

"Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you." ~Jesus
Ladybug Lady is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-20-2006, 10:28 PM   #2
Ladybug Lady
1st Leg of the Journey

anyone?

"I have learned that success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has had to overcome while trying to succeed." ~ Booker T. Washington

WAGE PEACE!!

"Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you." ~Jesus
Old 07-20-2006, 10:30 PM   #3
knitqueen
Grafting the Toe

You are doing a moss stitch border, but what is the majority of the piece? Is it stockinette? If so, couldn't you just do the increases/decreases using the last stitch(es) before your border?

That I know of, there is no matching decrease for the moss increase.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:37 PM   #4
Ladybug Lady
1st Leg of the Journey

well..... um..... I guess I could.

But that would mean I'd have to temporarily take of my crown. See, I'm the queen of making things more difficult than they are!

That makes sense. I'm knitting with 2 strands of worsted weight wool/alpaca, and the body is done in stockinette. So, I guess if I just knit 2 tog right before my border, it wouldn't show that much, given that I'm using HUGE yarn and all. And I'll just flip through my books and find a very simple, no holes showing increase and leave it at that.

<Putting crown back on and looking for her scepter>

Thanks!!

WAGE PEACE!!

Old 07-20-2006, 10:46 PM   #5
knitqueen
Grafting the Toe

Glad I could help, your majesty!

Hope it works out for you. I think if the decreases/increases are placed right before your moss stitch border, they will not be noticeable in the grand scheme of things.

Whatcha working on??
Old 07-21-2006, 09:16 AM   #6
Ladybug Lady
1st Leg of the Journey

I'm designing a shrug, my very first design attempt. I never thought I'd try it this early in the game, but it just sort of.... happened. I found the yummiest pattern for a poncho. I bought some yarn, knit up a gauge swatch and practiced the pattern stitch.

First I decided I didn't like that stitch, so I inserted a different cable. Then once I was done swatching/practicing THAT, I got out the muslin. I wanted to see how much larger I would have to make it to fit around my, um, ampleness, tee hee. As I stood there, swaddled in muslin, feeling quite constrained and bulky, I realized, I don't WANT a poncho! lol

But, by this point, I was in love with my cable design, so I looked and my long rectangle of muslin, and thought, this would look MUCH better, like so, and if I knit in the round HERE, and do thus and so, and before you know it, I was sketching away and muttering numbers under my breath.

So, this shrug design has become my latest obsession (just one in a long, LONG line).

Thanks for your help!

WAGE PEACE!!