Originally Posted by coliesknitting
I am so new to this and am trying to learn on my own NOT WORKING LOL
I have alot of patterns even in the basic books that say use 2 strands to CO, or this one...
with 2 strands of yarn held tog, cast on 110 sts loosely. Do not join, work back and forth in rows as follows:
1. how do i CO 2 strands is it the same as 1 strand? and do you K&P the same just using two loops or am i so off base Help!
2. how do i CO 2 and not join them
3. is there a video that shows this because that would be wonderful!
I am so litteral and this is so hard to do with out a visual
Thank you so much!
1. Basically just hold the two strands in your hand together like they are one strand. there really is no secret to it, and after you get started you really will forget that you are working with two strands.
I am not sure i understand the second part of this question. Do you have a pattern that you are looking at that we can see?
2. it sounds like they have you working on circular needles. they are originally meant to work with in the round (creating a tube) but you can use them like you would straight needles. they are just telling you that you are working like they are straight instead of in the round.
3. there are lots of videos but not with those couple of things that i can think of. THOUGH there is a video showing knitting in the round so you could see that. It is the first video here
. It shows what it means to "join"
hope that helps!