Old 07-24-2006, 09:34 PM   #11
aylaanne
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to aylaanne Send a message via MSN to aylaanne Send a message via Yahoo to aylaanne
Originally Posted by AidanM
I'm terrified that if I don't pay close attention I'm going to miss some important part of college that will make me fail all my classes or something.

Irrational, but there it is.

...A whole sock you say? Hmmm
Trust me, You'll find the time to knit a pair of socks. I believe in you.

I already sent in my email.... And freshman year of college there is nothing so important that you need to pay so much attention during class. Freshman classes are like high school, except most of them don't take attendance and you don't have to go every day.

Besides, if you don't finish, you'll be killed, have a pair of socks to show for it, and the pride of knowing you at least participated.

In the queue:
Jack Skellington baby afghan
Finished: Warm Up America Square, Basketweave Baby Blanket (now to ship it), Massachusetts Dishcloth for the Yarn Harlot, Homeless Hat
, water bottle cozy

aylaanne is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-24-2006, 09:50 PM   #12
AidanM
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by aylaanne
Trust me, You'll find the time to knit a pair of socks. I believe in you.

I already sent in my email.... And freshman year of college there is nothing so important that you need to pay so much attention during class. Freshman classes are like high school, except most of them don't take attendance and you don't have to go every day.

Besides, if you don't finish, you'll be killed, have a pair of socks to show for it, and the pride of knowing you at least participated.
Now my only concern is that I don't know what my mailing address will be yet!
Do you think I should show my face in the knitting shop where I once volunteered to do classes and never did just to get some more sock yarn? It was way back in December. Maybe they don't remember me...

------Begin Knitter's Geek Code Block------

Version: 1.1

KCR Exp> Spm-> Bam+ Alu+ Syn+++ Nov--- Cot++ Wool++ Lux Hemp+ Stash++> Scale+> Fin@ Ent? FI !Int--- Tex+ Lace Felt- Flat Circ DPN Swatch- KIP++ SNB- EZ+++ FO> WIP+++ WGauge+ Cr+++ Sw+ Wv?> Sp?>

------End Knitter's Geek Code Block-----
AidanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 09:51 PM   #13
Angelia

Careful: I teach Freshman Composition. It's NOT a blow-off course

But Aidan, unless you're working a lot and taking a full load, you should have ample time to compete!
Old 07-24-2006, 10:07 PM   #14
Angelia

Do you think I should show my face in the knitting shop where I once volunteered to do classes and never did just to get some more sock yarn? It was way back in December. Maybe they don't remember me...
Oh no!!! Maybe you could wear a fake beard or something, and use a funny accent...
Old 07-25-2006, 12:04 AM   #15
Secksiebrat
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to Secksiebrat
This looks like it could totally could be fun..... but I'm not sure I'm ready for the challenge. I love to knit, but with lane running around.. it's getting really hard. Plus I have the DOG to keep out of my knitting.

I've got time to think about this one..

~danielle~

Secksiebrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 01:39 AM   #16
aylaanne
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to aylaanne Send a message via MSN to aylaanne Send a message via Yahoo to aylaanne
People people people. The absolute worst thing that can happen? You get a pair of free, handknitted socks in the mail before you cast on to kill your target. Whoops! Now you're dead, better send that pattern and the yarn you were GOING to use to your killer, and then sit back and watch the rest of the fun!

Aidan, you can always sign up with your parent's address and either ask them to forward your mail or officially change your mailing address with the post office. It's not very hard, and they forward all your mail for six months, by which time you'll have changed your mailing address back to your permanent address. It sounds confusing but it really isn't.

Don't let Angelia fool you, I took Freshman Comp and while I would never label ANY class as a blow-off class, it's not a kill-yourself-working class, either. Unless Angelia is teaching YOUR freshman Comp class, in which case you should work your tuchus off.

Perhaps I'm not the best role model, though, since I've always been an above-average writer and was able to coast through writing classes without incident.

I look forward to keeling you!!!!!! knitted socks of DOOM! bWAHAHAHAHAHA!

In the queue:
Finished: Warm Up America Square, Basketweave Baby Blanket (now to ship it), Massachusetts Dishcloth for the Yarn Harlot, Homeless Hat
, water bottle cozy

Old 07-25-2006, 01:48 AM   #17
AidanM
Turning the Heel

All that reassuring talk and then this...:P

KCR Exp> Spm-> Bam+ Alu+ Syn+++ Nov--- Cot++ Wool++ Lux Hemp+ Stash++> Scale+> Fin@ Ent? FI !Int--- Tex+ Lace Felt- Flat Circ DPN Swatch- KIP++ SNB- EZ+++ FO> WIP+++ WGauge+ Cr+++ Sw+ Wv?> Sp?>

Old 07-25-2006, 02:19 AM   #18
aylaanne
Turning the Heel

All that reassuring talk and then this...:P
Well, you know, competition and all....

In the queue:
, water bottle cozy

Old 07-25-2006, 02:25 AM   #19
AidanM
Turning the Heel

It's okay. I have no understanding of competition.
*is thwacked by his conscience for lying*
Okay, fine..
Immagonnagetchagirl *diabolical laughter*

Old 07-25-2006, 02:36 AM   #20
aylaanne
Turning the Heel

It's okay. I have no understanding of competition.
*is thwacked by his conscience for lying*
Okay, fine..
Immagonnagetchagirl *diabolical laughter*
eep! *runs to quickly work on current sock project so as not to be distracted come wartime*

In the queue:
, water bottle cozy