Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2006, 04:02 AM   #21
Lieke
Working the Gusset
 
Lieke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 's-Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands
Posts: 1,546
Thanks: 792
Thanked 474 Times in 286 Posts
I would love to join, but well, there's my wool-allergy. I guess everyone'll knit their socks with wool, so either I'd receive a pair of useless socks (because I can't wear them), or I have to knit my second pair of socks with wool.

Now I hate wool even more :(
Lieke is offline   Reply With Quote

 

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-25-2006, 04:35 AM   #22
AidanM
Turning the Heel
 
AidanM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Boonies
Posts: 676
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
I think that if you let Yarn Monkey know about your allergy, she'll let your assassin know not to knit their socks with wool.
__________________
I'm a boy, by the way.

------Begin Knitter's Geek Code Block------

Version: 1.1

KCR Exp> Spm-> Bam+ Alu+ Syn+++ Nov--- Cot++ Wool++ Lux Hemp+ Stash++> Scale+> Fin@ Ent? FI !Int--- Tex+ Lace Felt- Flat Circ DPN Swatch- KIP++ SNB- EZ+++ FO> WIP+++ WGauge+ Cr+++ Sw+ Wv?> Sp?>

------End Knitter's Geek Code Block-----
AidanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 04:36 AM   #23
aylaanne
Turning the Heel
 
aylaanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Franklin County, Massachusetts
Posts: 979
Thanks: 13
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Send a message via AIM to aylaanne Send a message via MSN to aylaanne Send a message via Yahoo to aylaanne
Originally Posted by Lieke
I would love to join, but well, there's my wool-allergy. I guess everyone'll knit their socks with wool, so either I'd receive a pair of useless socks (because I can't wear them), or I have to knit my second pair of socks with wool.

Now I hate wool even more :(
You could always add that in your application. I'm sure if you told her that you were allergic to wool your assassin would be told to not use wool in their yarn choices. for the second pair you might be out of luck, though. It's still worth a shot!

(ps I like cotton better for sock knitting--it's more washable and feet are stinky)
__________________
On the needles: Falling Leaves Socks, Punkin Hats, Artful Afgan and another waterlily for a friend of mine (on hold until I feel like working with that yarn again)

In the queue:
Jack Skellington baby afghan
Finished: Warm Up America Square, Basketweave Baby Blanket (now to ship it), Massachusetts Dishcloth for the Yarn Harlot, Homeless Hat
, water bottle cozy


aylaanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 04:36 AM   #24
aylaanne
Turning the Heel
 
aylaanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Franklin County, Massachusetts
Posts: 979
Thanks: 13
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Send a message via AIM to aylaanne Send a message via MSN to aylaanne Send a message via Yahoo to aylaanne
Originally Posted by AidanM
I think that if you let Yarn Monkey know about your allergy, she'll let your assassin know not to knit their socks with wool.
Hey that's what I said.
__________________
On the needles: Falling Leaves Socks, Punkin Hats, Artful Afgan and another waterlily for a friend of mine (on hold until I feel like working with that yarn again)

In the queue:
Jack Skellington baby afghan
Finished: Warm Up America Square, Basketweave Baby Blanket (now to ship it), Massachusetts Dishcloth for the Yarn Harlot, Homeless Hat
, water bottle cozy


aylaanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 05:33 AM   #25
Lieke
Working the Gusset
 
Lieke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 's-Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands
Posts: 1,546
Thanks: 792
Thanked 474 Times in 286 Posts
but I still worry about the possibility I finish my socks before my assasin does. Then I have to knit the socks of my target, who probably uses wool.

I guess they won't forbid everyone to use wool, just so I can join :P

(and I don't know if european knitters can also join)
Lieke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 05:46 AM   #26
aylaanne
Turning the Heel
 
aylaanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Franklin County, Massachusetts
Posts: 979
Thanks: 13
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Send a message via AIM to aylaanne Send a message via MSN to aylaanne Send a message via Yahoo to aylaanne
Originally Posted by Lieke
but I still worry about the possibility I finish my socks before my assasin does. Then I have to knit the socks of my target, who probably uses wool.

I guess they won't forbid everyone to use wool, just so I can join :P

(and I don't know if european knitters can also join)
I believe yarnmonkey is in the UK. And why not just email her and ask? My excuse-o-meter is about to explode when I read your posts.
__________________
On the needles: Falling Leaves Socks, Punkin Hats, Artful Afgan and another waterlily for a friend of mine (on hold until I feel like working with that yarn again)

In the queue:
Jack Skellington baby afghan
Finished: Warm Up America Square, Basketweave Baby Blanket (now to ship it), Massachusetts Dishcloth for the Yarn Harlot, Homeless Hat
, water bottle cozy


aylaanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 06:02 AM   #27
Lieke
Working the Gusset
 
Lieke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 's-Hertogenbosch, The Netherlands
Posts: 1,546
Thanks: 792
Thanked 474 Times in 286 Posts
well, I guess you're a bit right, but I just send an email about my sock allergy. Now, I'll just wait for the reply.
Lieke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 07:27 AM   #28
Angelia
 
Posts: n/a
Originally Posted by aylaanne
Don't let Angelia fool you, I took Freshman Comp and while I would never label ANY class as a blow-off class, it's not a kill-yourself-working class, either. Unless Angelia is teaching YOUR freshman Comp class, in which case you should work your tuchus off.



It's a weed-out class, in some respects, separating the willing-to-work from the lazy. The class is tough because it requires SIX three- to four-page essays in 14 weeks--that's a lot of writing. (And a lot of grading. )

So, you're ready to keeeeeeeel, Aylaanne? Me too! I hate it that we have to wait until September.

Glad you contacted the monkey about your allergy, Lieke--I really hope you can play with us!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 12:50 PM   #29
AidanM
Turning the Heel
 
AidanM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: The Boonies
Posts: 676
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Angelia
Originally Posted by aylaanne
Don't let Angelia fool you, I took Freshman Comp and while I would never label ANY class as a blow-off class, it's not a kill-yourself-working class, either. Unless Angelia is teaching YOUR freshman Comp class, in which case you should work your tuchus off.



It's a weed-out class, in some respects, separating the willing-to-work from the lazy. The class is tough because it requires SIX three- to four-page essays in 14 weeks--that's a lot of writing. (And a lot of grading. )

So, you're ready to keeeeeeeel, Aylaanne? Me too! I hate it that we have to wait until September.

Glad you contacted the monkey about your allergy, Lieke--I really hope you can play with us!
Three to four pages?
I thought that college was supposed to be hard. :P
__________________
I'm a boy, by the way.

------Begin Knitter's Geek Code Block------

Version: 1.1

KCR Exp> Spm-> Bam+ Alu+ Syn+++ Nov--- Cot++ Wool++ Lux Hemp+ Stash++> Scale+> Fin@ Ent? FI !Int--- Tex+ Lace Felt- Flat Circ DPN Swatch- KIP++ SNB- EZ+++ FO> WIP+++ WGauge+ Cr+++ Sw+ Wv?> Sp?>

------End Knitter's Geek Code Block-----
AidanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 02:35 PM   #30
Angelia
 
Posts: n/a


Yeah, we're just giving degrees out these days! :rofling:


About the sock wars: I've had a horrible thought. What if the yarn weight is fingering weight?! OUCH!! Imagine trying to knit with that and be speedy! I'll just have to let myself be keeeeeled. :( Oh the sadness of the sock suicide.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What are sock wars and how do they work? fluffybunny General Knitting 6 02-14-2010 12:08 PM
Anyone else doing Sock Wars this year? monzogary General Knitting 12 04-30-2008 11:20 AM
Sock Wars - Good and Bad Shandeh General Knitting 46 09-29-2006 10:07 PM
Sock Wars!!! Edit: The pattern is up! boyforpele13 General Knitting 53 09-26-2006 06:41 PM
Sock Wars.. I just signed up burnsie9999 General Knitting 20 09-05-2006 06:40 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:39 AM.