Old 07-25-2006, 04:02 AM   #21
Lieke
Working the Gusset

I would love to join, but well, there's my wool-allergy. I guess everyone'll knit their socks with wool, so either I'd receive a pair of useless socks (because I can't wear them), or I have to knit my second pair of socks with wool.

Now I hate wool even more :(
Lieke is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-25-2006, 04:35 AM   #22
AidanM
Turning the Heel

I think that if you let Yarn Monkey know about your allergy, she'll let your assassin know not to knit their socks with wool.

------Begin Knitter's Geek Code Block------

Version: 1.1

KCR Exp> Spm-> Bam+ Alu+ Syn+++ Nov--- Cot++ Wool++ Lux Hemp+ Stash++> Scale+> Fin@ Ent? FI !Int--- Tex+ Lace Felt- Flat Circ DPN Swatch- KIP++ SNB- EZ+++ FO> WIP+++ WGauge+ Cr+++ Sw+ Wv?> Sp?>

------End Knitter's Geek Code Block-----
AidanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 04:36 AM   #23
aylaanne
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to aylaanne Send a message via MSN to aylaanne Send a message via Yahoo to aylaanne
Originally Posted by Lieke
I would love to join, but well, there's my wool-allergy. I guess everyone'll knit their socks with wool, so either I'd receive a pair of useless socks (because I can't wear them), or I have to knit my second pair of socks with wool.

Now I hate wool even more :(
You could always add that in your application. I'm sure if you told her that you were allergic to wool your assassin would be told to not use wool in their yarn choices. for the second pair you might be out of luck, though. It's still worth a shot!

(ps I like cotton better for sock knitting--it's more washable and feet are stinky)

In the queue:
Jack Skellington baby afghan
Finished: Warm Up America Square, Basketweave Baby Blanket (now to ship it), Massachusetts Dishcloth for the Yarn Harlot, Homeless Hat
, water bottle cozy

aylaanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 04:36 AM   #24
aylaanne
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to aylaanne Send a message via MSN to aylaanne Send a message via Yahoo to aylaanne
Originally Posted by AidanM
I think that if you let Yarn Monkey know about your allergy, she'll let your assassin know not to knit their socks with wool.
Hey that's what I said.

In the queue:
Finished: Warm Up America Square, Basketweave Baby Blanket (now to ship it), Massachusetts Dishcloth for the Yarn Harlot, Homeless Hat
, water bottle cozy

Old 07-25-2006, 05:33 AM   #25
Lieke
Working the Gusset

but I still worry about the possibility I finish my socks before my assasin does. Then I have to knit the socks of my target, who probably uses wool.

I guess they won't forbid everyone to use wool, just so I can join :P

(and I don't know if european knitters can also join)
Old 07-25-2006, 05:46 AM   #26
aylaanne
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by Lieke
but I still worry about the possibility I finish my socks before my assasin does. Then I have to knit the socks of my target, who probably uses wool.

I guess they won't forbid everyone to use wool, just so I can join :P

(and I don't know if european knitters can also join)
I believe yarnmonkey is in the UK. And why not just email her and ask? My excuse-o-meter is about to explode when I read your posts.

In the queue:
, water bottle cozy

Old 07-25-2006, 06:02 AM   #27
Lieke
Working the Gusset

well, I guess you're a bit right, but I just send an email about my sock allergy. Now, I'll just wait for the reply.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:27 AM   #28
Angelia

Originally Posted by aylaanne
Don't let Angelia fool you, I took Freshman Comp and while I would never label ANY class as a blow-off class, it's not a kill-yourself-working class, either. Unless Angelia is teaching YOUR freshman Comp class, in which case you should work your tuchus off.

It's a weed-out class, in some respects, separating the willing-to-work from the lazy. The class is tough because it requires SIX three- to four-page essays in 14 weeks--that's a lot of writing. (And a lot of grading. )

So, you're ready to keeeeeeeel, Aylaanne? Me too! I hate it that we have to wait until September.

Glad you contacted the monkey about your allergy, Lieke--I really hope you can play with us!
Old 07-25-2006, 12:50 PM   #29
AidanM
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by Angelia
Originally Posted by aylaanne
Don't let Angelia fool you, I took Freshman Comp and while I would never label ANY class as a blow-off class, it's not a kill-yourself-working class, either. Unless Angelia is teaching YOUR freshman Comp class, in which case you should work your tuchus off.

It's a weed-out class, in some respects, separating the willing-to-work from the lazy. The class is tough because it requires SIX three- to four-page essays in 14 weeks--that's a lot of writing. (And a lot of grading. )

So, you're ready to keeeeeeeel, Aylaanne? Me too! I hate it that we have to wait until September.

Glad you contacted the monkey about your allergy, Lieke--I really hope you can play with us!
Three to four pages?
I thought that college was supposed to be hard. :P

------Begin Knitter's Geek Code Block------

Version: 1.1

KCR Exp> Spm-> Bam+ Alu+ Syn+++ Nov--- Cot++ Wool++ Lux Hemp+ Stash++> Scale+> Fin@ Ent? FI !Int--- Tex+ Lace Felt- Flat Circ DPN Swatch- KIP++ SNB- EZ+++ FO> WIP+++ WGauge+ Cr+++ Sw+ Wv?> Sp?>

------End Knitter's Geek Code Block-----
AidanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 02:35 PM   #30
Angelia

Yeah, we're just giving degrees out these days! :rofling:

About the sock wars: I've had a horrible thought. What if the yarn weight is fingering weight?! OUCH!! Imagine trying to knit with that and be speedy! I'll just have to let myself be keeeeeled. :( Oh the sadness of the sock suicide.