Old 07-25-2006, 03:10 PM   #31
aylaanne
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to aylaanne Send a message via MSN to aylaanne Send a message via Yahoo to aylaanne
Originally Posted by Angelia

It's a weed-out class, in some respects, separating the willing-to-work from the lazy. The class is tough because it requires SIX three- to four-page essays in 14 weeks--that's a lot of writing. (And a lot of grading. )
only six papers? That's not a lot of writing. 14 papers in 14 weeks is a lot of writing. I write a 3 page paper in two hours with a glass of wine, edit for spelling and grammar, and turn it in. Even now, when I'm writing fifteen-to-twenty page research papers, it only takes me one night. I never spend more than one day on a paper. And I think I've written more than one draft....twice. Maybe. And only because I was forced. And during class there's a lot of talking and not a lot of writing--a perfect time to work on a pair of deadly socks.

I don't mind waiting until September at the moment, I have a lot of other projects I want to work on. Like the socks, scarf, glove, and hat set I want to make for my sister. :D

In the queue:
Jack Skellington baby afghan
Finished: Warm Up America Square, Basketweave Baby Blanket (now to ship it), Massachusetts Dishcloth for the Yarn Harlot, Homeless Hat
, water bottle cozy

aylaanne is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-25-2006, 03:46 PM   #32
Calabaza
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via Yahoo to Calabaza
Although I don't know how to knit socks, I'm in. lol I figure I have enough time to learn between now and September right?? lol
Old 07-25-2006, 05:37 PM   #33
Andrea
2nd Sock, I Rock

Send a message via MSN to Andrea
That sounds really confusing

Ang, I don't see your name on her list, but I saw Anree's. :thinking:

No chorus?
Houyhnhnms!
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 05:43 PM   #34
Calabaza
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via Yahoo to Calabaza
I am sorry, I'm horrible with grammer/spelling. I e-mailed the sock monkey today to join in the fun of the sock war. I have never knitted socks before, but i'm sure I could figure it out before the sock war started.
Old 07-25-2006, 06:19 PM   #35
aylaanne
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to aylaanne Send a message via MSN to aylaanne Send a message via Yahoo to aylaanne
Originally Posted by Calabaza
I am sorry, I'm horrible with grammer/spelling. I e-mailed the sock monkey today to join in the fun of the sock war. I have never knitted socks before, but i'm sure I could figure it out before the sock war started.
w00t! More people I know whom I can keel! Bwahahaha!

In the queue:
Finished: Warm Up America Square, Basketweave Baby Blanket (now to ship it), Massachusetts Dishcloth for the Yarn Harlot, Homeless Hat
, water bottle cozy

Old 07-25-2006, 06:23 PM   #36
aylaanne
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by Andrea

Wait, where's the list?

In the queue:
, water bottle cozy

Old 07-25-2006, 06:41 PM   #37
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

Hmmm...I don't know if there is a list up yet, I didn't see one on YarnMonkey's blog, I just saw the KWC list there.

LOL, looks like ya'll have some time to prepare for the Wars!!!

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Whimsical Knitting
Whimsical Knitting Designs

I'm Becka on Ravelry!
rebecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 06:59 PM   #38
Angelia

Originally Posted by Andrea

I think that's for the Knitting World Cup, as Becka said, and Anree did participate in that. The deadline for the Sock Wars isn't until Sept. 8th or thereabouts, so I'll bet we won't see a list until then, at least.

Are you joining, Andrea?! Oh do!
Old 07-25-2006, 09:04 PM   #39
margie
Instepping Out

I joined!!
margie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 11:09 PM   #40
Andrea
2nd Sock, I Rock

Send a message via MSN to Andrea
No no no, I'm not joining. I can't even find the time to knit a pair for myself!!

Re: Freshman Comp...IMHO most freshmen are young and naive and I believe most of those have problems writing. And between all the crap freshmen deal with (esp. with the pressures of drinking and being on their own for the first time!), I would imagine six papers in a semester would be hard for those pups. Aylaanne you must be one of the smarter ones I loved English myself! And I know Angelia is the best Prof in the world!

No chorus?
Houyhnhnms!
Andrea is offline   Reply With Quote