Old 07-25-2006, 12:08 AM   #1
callmesusan
Turning the Heel

OT: Wedding Games
Any fun ideas out there for fun games to play at a wedding? We don't want to dance really, but we do like reindeer games! There will be about 40-45 people, mostly family, and we just wanna have fun.

I'm thinking of butcher paper instead of table linens with boxes of crayons on the tables, pop-rocks as wedding favors (I think they spark in the dark, don't they?), maybe kazoos and have a contest. Also thinking about badminten (sp?) and/or bocce ball. Is badminten hard to play for the average guy or gal?

Any novel ideas from a fun wedding that comes to mind would be appreciated and considered.

Thanks
callmesusan is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-25-2006, 01:29 AM   #2
aylaanne
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to aylaanne Send a message via MSN to aylaanne Send a message via Yahoo to aylaanne
We had a croquet field set up at our wedding. Nobody actually played except for the kids, we were all to busy eating, drinking, and making merry, but I thought it'd be a cool idea and many other people did too.

If you're less into motion and more into mental, you might try Balderdash, where one person (the judge) announces a word and spells it, and everyone writes a fake definition for it, while the judge writes the real definition. Then the judge reads all the definitions out loud, and the group casts votes for which one they think is the real definition. Whomever's definition wins the vote gets a point for each vote, and you can decide amongst yourselves how many points it takes to win.

Also, you can place a board game as a centerpiece at each table at your reception. Then your guests can play the game and the winner can take the game home as a favor.

These are some ideas, hope they help!e

In the queue:
Jack Skellington baby afghan
Finished: Warm Up America Square, Basketweave Baby Blanket (now to ship it), Massachusetts Dishcloth for the Yarn Harlot, Homeless Hat
, water bottle cozy

aylaanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 01:41 AM   #3
Friskums

Balderdash is SO much fun!!
(My family is quite perverted so we get some very...unique responses. :rofling: )

Scatergories is an awesome board game too.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:42 AM   #4
brendajos
Grafting the Toe

Location: Going through your stash...pay no attention over here
Send a message via Yahoo to brendajos
oooh that's a fun idea! game boards. you could do a whole theme around the game of life and other games! (yeah in my head it is mostly life...lol)
Old 07-25-2006, 05:19 AM   #5
Emeraldcutie
Knitting the Flap

I went to one, where everyone got a ribbin with a safety pin on it. They picked a forbidden word, like love etc. And if you accidently said it, the person who called you out for saying it got your ribbons, the person with the most amount of ribbons won a prize.
Emeraldcutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 07:29 AM   #6
mulene
Working the Gusset

twister? hehe just kidding - not sure I have any suggestions but it sounds like a fun idea rather than dancing to play some cool games =D

My First Finished Project in 20 years!: Sirdar Foxy Scarf!

mulene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 07:25 PM   #7
callmesusan
Turning the Heel

wedding
thanks for the suggestions!
callmesusan is offline   Reply With Quote