Old 07-27-2006, 03:22 PM   #1
boyforpele13
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to boyforpele13 Send a message via MSN to boyforpele13 Send a message via Yahoo to boyforpele13
ashford vs. kromski
I'm just about ready to buy my first wheel! Yay!

I had my heart set on the Ashford Traditional or Traveler, but now am leaning towards the Kromski Symphony. Anyone have opinions on these? I did read a review site I think Diva posted in an earlier thread, but would love some more info if any of you have.

Thanks!!!

Share Your Life With a Deaf Dog!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. - Marianne Williamson
boyforpele13 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-27-2006, 05:14 PM   #2
VickiIL
Turning the Heel

I have an Ashford Traditional and I LOVE it! I am very pleased with my choice. I can't really speak to the Kromski except for looking it up online and it "looks" very similar to the traditional. A couple differenced I noticed. It is a double treadle. I have a single treadle traditional...while you can get the traditional as a double I really prefer a single. It doesn't look like the Kromski comes as a single. I would suggest seeing if you could try it out to see how you prefer treadling.
sockettes in KP Bare tweed

Crocheting:
Fat Bottom Bag from SNB - Crochet

Reading:
Saving Fish from Drowning by Amy Tan
VickiIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 12:00 PM   #3
mulene
Working the Gusset

I've found this site to have a useful review of wheels and how to buy one:

http://fuzzygalore.biz/articles/wheels.shtml

Hope that helps!

My First Finished Project in 20 years!: Sirdar Foxy Scarf!

mulene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:13 PM   #4
boyforpele13
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to boyforpele13 Send a message via MSN to boyforpele13 Send a message via Yahoo to boyforpele13
i didn't get a response notification, sorry i didn't thank you both sooner! thank you!

that site is AWESOME. thanks bunches!

Share Your Life With a Deaf Dog!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. - Marianne Williamson
boyforpele13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 09:35 AM   #5
mulene
Working the Gusset

I read some more on that site yesterday. I have to agree its pretty awesome! Love the advice for washing fleece etc. It really inspires me a lot. I really HOPE HOPE HOPE that I can pick spinning up ok!

My First Finished Project in 20 years!: Sirdar Foxy Scarf!

mulene is offline   Reply With Quote