Old 07-30-2006, 04:06 PM   #1
LuvJAH
Ribbing the Cuff

Help me read my pattern
I need help with my pattern.

Here's the first few instructions...

With smaller circular needles, CO 96 sts.
Join and work in k1, p2 ribbing for 6 rnds.
Change to larger circular needle.
**Rnds 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5: *K2, p2, k6, p2; rep from* to end of round.
Rnd 6: K2, p2, c6f, p2; rep from * to end of round.**
Rep from ** to ** 3 times.
Re rnds 1 and 2 again.

So, first I'll knit 6 rnds doing knit 1, purl 2. Then I'll change needles (How do I do that, btw?). Next for rnds 1 through 5 I'll knit 2, purl 2, knit 6 and purl 2, right?

Now for rnd 6 I'll first do the knit 2, purl 2, cable 6 forward (I'm going to teach myself how to do it when I get to that part ( ) and then purl 2. After I do that then I'll just go back to knit 2, purl 2, knit 6, purl 2 to the end of that round. Right?

I'm not sure I understand how to Rep. from ** to ** 3 times. My brain is hurting as I sit here and try to figure it out. Wait, maybe I do understand. I'll knit a total of 18 rows, right? Just doing the same things I did for rounds 1 through 6? Then it says Rep rnds 1 and 2 again, so does that mean just do it again for 2 more rounds?

If so, why don't the instructions just say rep. from ** to ** for 20 rows? Or is it that I have it all wrong?
LuvJAH is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 07-30-2006, 04:08 PM   #2
LuvJAH
Ribbing the Cuff

Oh, and I forgot one thing. I need to change colors every 4 rnds. How the heck do I keep track of that? I feel like my head is going to explode any minute now.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:36 PM   #3
dplantlady
Knitting the Flap

Not so very hard...please don't explode..your knitting will be way too messy! LOL

You've got the 18 rows thing right. You repeat the whole 6 round business 3 x for the total of 18 rows. Then ya do rounds 1 & 2 again. Easy.

To change needles, you just knit your sts onto the new needles! Simple.

Rnd 6: *K2, p2, c6f, p2; rep from * to end of round
I believe you're missing an asterisk in that line...

You're probably supposed to insert cables all across the row, no?

Hope this helps!

Diane

Recently Finished Projects: 2 felted mobius cat baskets, MANY Lace Washcloths, The Magic Scarf from HELL, 6 Knitted Lace XMas Balls in crochet thread, Lace XMas Ball in mohair, 4 Initialed Washcloths, 2 Lacy Soap Socks (1 knit, 1 crochet), 2 Seamless Rectangle Snuggles (one outside in, one inside out), XMas Tree Illusion Snuggle, 3 scarves for presents, Fisherman Knit Snuggle, Turkish Stitch String Bag, Wheelie Steering Wheel Cover, Moebius Cat Basket, 9 Snuggles, Preemie Hats, Sandy's (Felted) Cat Basket
dplantlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 05:38 PM   #4
dplantlady
Knitting the Flap

oh, and about the color change thing...
just put a hatch mark on a piece of paper after you finish each round
when you've got 4, change colors!
no prob
Diane

Recently Finished Projects: 2 felted mobius cat baskets, MANY Lace Washcloths, The Magic Scarf from HELL, 6 Knitted Lace XMas Balls in crochet thread, Lace XMas Ball in mohair, 4 Initialed Washcloths, 2 Lacy Soap Socks (1 knit, 1 crochet), 2 Seamless Rectangle Snuggles (one outside in, one inside out), XMas Tree Illusion Snuggle, 3 scarves for presents, Fisherman Knit Snuggle, Turkish Stitch String Bag, Wheelie Steering Wheel Cover, Moebius Cat Basket, 9 Snuggles, Preemie Hats, Sandy's (Felted) Cat Basket
dplantlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 08:05 PM   #5
LuvJAH
Ribbing the Cuff

Thank you!

Yes, your right. There was supposed to be an aesterick there.