Old 08-04-2006, 09:06 AM   #1
Nikki
Knitting the Flap

Happy Friday Everyone!
Ahhhhhhh, the weekend is close. Are you planning on taking a block of time for you and just knitting? (I've got to fix a dropped stitch run in my footie-never try to knit with 2 yo grandtwins 'helping'.) I also want to clean up and re-organize my knitting area. What's on your knit to do list this weekend?
Nikki
Nikki is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-04-2006, 09:24 AM   #2
kemp
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via ICQ to kemp Send a message via AIM to kemp Send a message via Yahoo to kemp
I haven't thought much about my to do list yet, but there will definitely be some knitting!
kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 09:34 AM   #3
JLC
Instepping Out

I should have an order from Knitpicks on the doorstep when I get home (or actually it could be in the garage or on the ground or taped to the mailbox, depending on the whims of the delivery person) with some yarn I can thank Ingrid for and some extra needle tips, so I will be reorganizing my Options needle binder and casting on for a scarf, while also working on 2 sweaters.
JLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 09:38 AM   #4
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Its suppose to be cooler here so I'm hoping to get all my chores done (taking shermee for a rabies shot, grocery shopping, cleaning, sorting my upstairs closet) out of the way early so the rest of the weekend I can enjoy my swing again while knitting on Cozy..while watching the kids enjoy the outdoors again.. although I'd really like to have cozy done before the weekend... don't think it will happen...

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 09:56 AM   #5
mulene
Working the Gusset

I'm taking time this weekend to learn to spin =D If all goes well I'll be bringing a wheel home with me and practicing a LOT!

My First Finished Project in 20 years!: Sirdar Foxy Scarf!

mulene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 10:24 AM   #6
kemp
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via ICQ to kemp Send a message via AIM to kemp Send a message via Yahoo to kemp
How cool Mulene! I keep talking myself out of learning to spin. I already spend enough on yarn without adding roving and a spinning wheel. I'm sure I'll "crack" someday though. :rollseyes:
kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 10:30 AM   #7
JLC
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by kemp
How cool Mulene! I keep talking myself out of learning to spin. I already spend enough on yarn without adding roving and a spinning wheel. I'm sure I'll "crack" someday though. :rollseyes:
Me too! Plus, my house is rather small and I wouldn't really have much space.
JLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 10:31 AM   #8
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Originally Posted by mulene
I'm taking time this weekend to learn to spin =D If all goes well I'll be bringing a wheel home with me and practicing a LOT!

I want Mulene's weekend... :rofling:

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 10:49 AM   #9
mulene
Working the Gusset

Ok here comes an enable post.. BE WARNED!

I live in London, in a TINY weeny little flat with a cat and what would likely be called a small stash by some, my mother however would likely refer to it as a mountain of yarn.

Anyway, I won't have much room at all to play with, and yes I was concerned about adding roving / fiber to my already expensive habit but I have good reason

Anyway for the space challenged, I give you The Ashford Joy wheel:

its small enough that it fits into its nice blue canvas shoulder bag (which will store nicely in the bottom of a wardrobe, or the top.. or the shoe rack (if I didn't have a bad shoe habit also) or errr.... I'm sure a home could be found

Now my reasons for learning to spin are many - not least of which because its an "I wanna do that!" type thing but also because I can get my hands easily on some bamboo fiber for spinning, but getting hands on bamboo yarn in the UK is not straightforward :P

Also I want to be able to spin some yarn, knit with it and say "tada lookie what I did!"

If after trying the spinning at the lesson (its a one on one with a lady who has been spinning since 1971) I think "I am NEVER ever going to have the hand eye and feet co-ordination for this" then I'll not come home with a wheel. I know the lady is keen on the Ashford Traditional wheel (that is what I'll be learning on) but I am afraid I couldn't have one of those it just seems too big!

Old 08-04-2006, 10:50 AM   #10
mulene
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by dustinac
I want Mulene's weekend... :rofling:
:rofling: hands off my weekend! I've been dying for this day to arrive for the last couple of weeks hehe