Old 08-18-2006, 09:33 PM   #1
JessicaR
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to JessicaR Send a message via Yahoo to JessicaR
OT- Laundry bites!
What happens when you ignore the laundry for weeks? You have five loads to do! I have no problem washing clothes, it's the folding and sorting. My least favorite is sheets. We have a king size bed and I find them hard to handle. I've even been rotating two sets to avoid folding them! What's your least favorite?

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-18-2006, 09:49 PM   #2
Amber
Working the Gusset

I hate sheets too!! Fitted sheets are the WORST! How are you supposed to fold them anyway? Mine always end up looking like a big wrinkled mess!

Amber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 09:57 PM   #3
Pink Dandelion
Knitting the Flap

Wow... I wish if we left the laundry for weeks there would ONLY be 5 loads!!

I've neverminded sheets too much - they're quick to get a load together for the washer and only a few pieces to fold - for fitted I pop the corners inside each other let them fold in on the sheet a little. What I've always hated were undewear loads because of all the little pieces to collect. That and light loads - I'm always afraid something will slip in and bleed dye on other clothes.

I hate folding loads of baby clothes. Takes for eeevvverrrr and you have to choose betweeen doing up all those little snap buttons or leaving them undone and trying to get them to still fold neat while they're in strange unbuttoned blobs of fabric.

I'm PinkDandelion at Ravelry!
Pink Dandelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 09:58 PM   #4
CateKnits
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to CateKnits Send a message via MSN to CateKnits
I just roll up the sheets.

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Double Pointed - a knitting blog
CateKnits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 10:00 PM   #5
JessicaR
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to JessicaR Send a message via Yahoo to JessicaR
Originally Posted by CateKnits
I just roll up the sheets.
Good idea!!!!
Old 08-18-2006, 10:06 PM   #6
Amber
Working the Gusset

You should see the way my husband folds sheets -- he pretty much just bunches them up into a ball!

I know, I should just be happy he folds them at all...

Amber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 10:43 PM   #7
janelanespaintbrush
Working the Gusset

DH takes care of the washing, but I have to fold, because if I don't, he'll just shove everything into the drawers. He didn't even own an iron before we met, and justified this by saying that he "looks better rumpled." Yeah, right.

I think sheets are the worst, just because they're so unwieldy. I do the thing with nesting the corners of fitted sheets, which makes for a fairly neat package, but they're still my least favorite, and I've been known to just roll them in a ball when I'm really lazy. (It's not like anyone else ever sees them, and they smooth out soon enough.)

Anyone ever bought new underwear just to avoid doing laundry? I've come close to doing it in my single days, but I have a hard time wearing stuff (especially things that will directly touch my skin) without laundering first.
janelanespaintbrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 10:45 PM   #8
CateKnits
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via AIM to CateKnits Send a message via MSN to CateKnits
I've bought underwear and socks to avoid laundry. Sometimes it's cheaper than catching up on laundry, too. At school, a load of laundry costs me $2.50 for wash and dry. If I'm not careful about how much I cram in there and get too much, I have to pay anything $2.50 to dry it all again.

The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.
~Friedrich Nietzsche
Double Pointed - a knitting blog
CateKnits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 12:59 AM   #9
Pixywhispers
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to Pixywhispers
With 6 people in the house laundry is a huge chore. Because of the humidity here we have to wash and dry everything if it is used that day. Most the time you can use a towel for days, but like this week, it would grow mildew. I love hanging clothes to dry, but not in here. We have to do three loads a day to keep up. I wish I was committed, disciplined, whatever to fold each load as soon as it comes out of the dryer. But I'm not. I usually have four loads that need to be folded.

Doing socks used to be really hard for me. And a friend suggest I pray for whoevers socks (clothes) I'm folding and that has made it much easier to bestow a blessing.

For sheets we hang the sheets on a hanger in the closet in the room that those sheets go in. They dont look perfect, but I can find them. I agree, I have two sheets per bed. I threw the others out. I also color code my sheets, all king size are white, all blue sheets are twin. I have come a long way on laundry, I could go on and on.

There is a time to be born and a time to die. A time to laugh and a time to cry, but there never seems to be enough time to knit.-Anon. (or to visit KH!)

Come visit my blog.
Pixywhispers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 12:59 AM   #10
Pixywhispers
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to Pixywhispers
With 6 people in the house laundry is a huge chore. Because of the humidity here we have to wash and dry everything if it is used that day. Most the time you can use a towel for days, but like this week, it would grow mildew. I love hanging clothes to dry, but not in here. We have to do three loads a day to keep up. I wish I was committed, disciplined, whatever to fold each load as soon as it comes out of the dryer. But I'm not. I usually have four loads that need to be folded.

Doing socks used to be really hard for me. And a friend suggest I pray for whoevers socks (clothes) I'm folding and that has made it much easier to bestow a blessing.

For sheets we hang the sheets on a hanger in the closet in the room that those sheets go in. They dont look perfect, but I can find them. I agree, I have two sheets per bed. I threw the others out. I also color code my sheets, all king size are white, all blue sheets are twin. I have come a long way on laundry, I could go on and on. And am always looking for new ways to do things.

There is a time to be born and a time to die. A time to laugh and a time to cry, but there never seems to be enough time to knit.-Anon. (or to visit KH!)

Come visit my blog.
Pixywhispers is offline   Reply With Quote