Old 08-19-2006, 01:11 AM   #11
orcoastknitter
Turning the Heel

I am single. I have designated Wednesdays and Sundays as laundry day. I have at least 3 loads for both days. Sundays could be more because that is when the bed get changed. Luckily I have at least 4 sets of sheets. But they way things go for me, sheets are the last to get washed, because I hate folding them! I have enough underwear and socks to last me a month. I also don't like wearing things (pants and shirts) more than once. Being that I live in a basement, my towels don't dry as fast, so I hang them on a hanger under heater vent in the bathroom. Every three days the towels get changed. A few times last year I was lazy and was only washing clothes the night before I needed them, so one Saturday I went down to the launder mat and washed everything, including bedding. The only clothes that were left were the ones I were wearing.
orcoastknitter is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-19-2006, 01:48 AM   #12
JessicaR
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to JessicaR Send a message via Yahoo to JessicaR
I would love to hang most of my clothes out to dry in the sweet Iowa air but the dryer is the only thing that gets the dog hair out. I also hate sorting my husband's socks. They are all (shades of) white. Mine are easy to do, no two are the same! I don't get to involved over laundry, everything gets tossed in at the same time. My MIL had a fit that I didn't separate. If it's not machine washable I don't buy it. That goes for kitchen items in the dish washer as well. And an iron, what's that?
Old 08-19-2006, 01:54 AM   #13
snowbear
Working the Gusset

Send a message via Yahoo to snowbear
I wash my sheets every 4 days, then put the same ones back on my bed.. no folding.. My cat sheds on my pillow every night and the sheets so that is why every 4 days. I do laundry other than that about 3 loads per week- towels, jeans, and whites/ good clothes... sometime 4 depending on the weather.

The thing I hate washing the most is/was the baby things. Whenever my granddaughter is close- whether I'm up there or they are down here, there seems to be millions of baby clothes. I dread all the folding, and buttoning/ snapping/ hanging up etc.
snowbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 01:56 AM   #14
orcoastknitter
Turning the Heel

My form of ironing is spraying it with water and then tossing it in the dryer. If isn't wash and wear, I don't buy it.
orcoastknitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 09:15 AM   #15
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
blahh I don't like doing the laundry at all.. we have a load everyday and sometimes more... I don't mind folding.. the part I don't like is putting them away

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 10:58 AM   #16
figaro
Working the Gusset

Sounds like I am in good company with not liking laundry! We also have only one set of sheets (too much $$) but every time I wash them, no matter if I get them out before the bell goes off or after, they are always wrinkled. UGH!

I have never seperated clothes either, I wash them by the baby's clothes, the girls and them ours. My husband deals with customers every now and then so I do need to iron, but I will wait until there is about 8 or so shirts (he has plenty more of them!) before I break out the ironing essentials.

figaro
and also on Plurk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.

Mark Twain (1835 - 1910)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

figaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 11:18 AM   #17

AMAZING!!! No one has complained about how their hubby/kids leave RED Cinnamin candy in their pockets and then they get washed with the OTHER whites and look at what you have when you open the washer door.

This is what greeted me in yesterday's laundry. Oh, he has such a bad habit of not emptying his pockets. Why don't I do it you ask, not my shorts! I have washed so many permanent black markers its not funny.

AND to top all of those: His Cell Phone! I put the last load (his work clothes) in the dryer last night and go sit down to knit and all of a sudden I hear this clunk, clunk, clunk. I'm like what is that clunking. All of a sudden he jumps up and runs to the dryer and brings back his cell phone. Oh, my I got quite a laugh. He let it dry and its apparently working!

Yes, sheets suck to fold and we only have 2 sets too. I'm pretty sure I was able to save his shorts too.
Old 08-20-2006, 10:05 AM   #18
kitkat
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to kitkat
I have two high school aged boys, who are athletes. An average week is at least 8-10 loads. Like the rest of you, I hate folding the fitted sheets. Ugh.

http://knittykittyworld.blogspot.com/
Ravelry - I am Suegene
OTN : Dream in Color Smooshy Monkeys, Block a month afghan (on block 11)
kitkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 01:02 PM   #19
jhelanee
Turning the Heel

I lucked out by getting a DH who insists on doing his own laundry - mostly because he likes his things washed hot/warm and I use mostly cold. In some ways it is stupid b/c we could reduce laundry by a load a week if we did everything together, but since the current arrangement means I don't have to deal with washing, sorting, folding or putting away his clothes I'm not pushing the issue. :-) As for the sheets - they get washed and put back on the bed. Usually I will give the pillowcases and the top edge of the fitted sheet a quick run over with the iron, but that has gone out the window in the summer heat.

Recently finished: DH's small-gauge sweater; Secret of the Stole ii - "Savannah"; BSJ (well the knitting anyway)
On Needles: socks; Odessa (from Magknits)

jhelanee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 12:51 AM   #20
JessicaR
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to JessicaR Send a message via Yahoo to JessicaR
If I could break my obsession with sheets (buying them, not washing them) I would only own one set. But I LOVE sheets. Love buying them, love the feel of them, love fresh clean sheets on the bed. Then the smelly husband gets in and that's over with.

I also own a bazillion socks which btw are easy to sort as mentioned before. I think I love socks because they are fun, they're the only way to express myself at work, and I'm not self conscience about my feet. I like my feet, they are pretty, just everything above the ankles I'd like to change.