Old 08-20-2006, 05:46 PM   #1
Rhyannon1970
1st Leg of the Journey

Podcast....
So, I've had a wonderful afternoon knitting on my daughter's gauntlets & listening to ~Pointy Sticks Podcast~...Got me thinking....

"What is everyone's fav podcast"

Rhy

Rhyannon1970 is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-20-2006, 07:29 PM   #2
horve1
Turning the Heel

Don't want to sound dumb, but oh well. I'm older than dirt, so I guess it's ok. I know a podcast is something you download to your IPod off the computer - or I think I know that? Is that even right? - but that sounds like there's something about knitting? Could you explain a bit to an old fogey, please?
Recent FOs: Earrings; Celtic Cap & Scarf-y; Swatches for TWP; 6 EarFlap Hats; Hand-painted-yarn Sun Spot Stole that decided it wanted to be a Vintage Velvet Scarf; DD's Fuzzy Socks; Shadow Pillow; Aran Pillow; DS's Thuja Socks; Tree of Life Square; Sunny-Flower Square; Ornament; Extreme Knitting 2-in-1 Socks; Single-Needle Scarf Trio; DS's Cardigan; Qiviut Lace Scarf; DD's Daria Belt; DD's Fun Scarf; Mini-Purse from first yarn I spun; BECKA'S LEAVES OF WHIMSY SOCKS W/SWAP YARN FROM BECKA!!!; Knit Bead Bracelet & Earrings; Happy Socks; "Really Cool Socks"; Eagle's Flight Socks; Cabled Fingerless Mitts; Mistake-Rib Socks; Bamboo Mini-Bag; Felted Vase; DD's Basket; Felted Clogs; DS's Sweater; DD's Lacy Stole; Oversize Booga; Crazy Quilt; DS's Backpack.

On needles: A Special Secret Present; Never-Ending Afghan (remainders/reminders from all my projects).
horve1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 08:10 PM   #3
AidanM
Turning the Heel

Podcasts are like pre-recorded radio shows that you can download to listen to anytime. There are podcasts about knitting.

My favourite is Lime and Violet, followed by Cast On with Brenda Dayne.

------Begin Knitter's Geek Code Block------

Version: 1.1

KCR Exp> Spm-> Bam+ Alu+ Syn+++ Nov--- Cot++ Wool++ Lux Hemp+ Stash++> Scale+> Fin@ Ent? FI !Int--- Tex+ Lace Felt- Flat Circ DPN Swatch- KIP++ SNB- EZ+++ FO> WIP+++ WGauge+ Cr+++ Sw+ Wv?> Sp?>

------End Knitter's Geek Code Block-----
AidanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 09:49 PM   #4
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

Knitting News is my fave.

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Whimsical Knitting
Whimsical Knitting Designs

I'm Becka on Ravelry!
rebecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 03:38 AM   #5
Pink Dandelion
Knitting the Flap

Originally Posted by horve1
Could you explain a bit to an old fogey, please?
If you'll download iTunes to your computer (it's a free program, available at http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ ) once you have it, it's really easy to open the music store (via a link on the left sidebar of the program) and search for podcasts. Podcasts are usually free, I've even found some old radio shows for free! Or if you know what podcast you're looking for you can sometimes find the website (for example googleing 'pointy sticks podcast' gets you www.pointysticks.org) and find a download for it there - they don't always require itunes.

Since Aidan already covered what a podcast IS, there's no need to be redundant :D

My favorite podcast actually has nothing to do with knitting (*gasp*) , it's NPR's "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me" a news 'comedy/game show' of sorts.

I'm PinkDandelion at Ravelry!
Pink Dandelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 04:02 AM   #6
AidanM
Turning the Heel

I lurrrrve Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me. Paula Poundstone is the best panelist EVAR

------Begin Knitter's Geek Code Block------

Version: 1.1

KCR Exp> Spm-> Bam+ Alu+ Syn+++ Nov--- Cot++ Wool++ Lux Hemp+ Stash++> Scale+> Fin@ Ent? FI !Int--- Tex+ Lace Felt- Flat Circ DPN Swatch- KIP++ SNB- EZ+++ FO> WIP+++ WGauge+ Cr+++ Sw+ Wv?> Sp?>

------End Knitter's Geek Code Block-----
AidanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 10:20 AM   #7
Pink Dandelion
Knitting the Flap

Yeah, ain't she great?! She cracks me up...

I'm PinkDandelion at Ravelry!
Pink Dandelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 11:06 AM   #8
Scathach
Ribbing the Cuff

So far my favorite knitting podcasts are Cast On (her voice is so soothing), Lime and Violet... these gals make me laugh so hard! And i listen to KnitCast off and on and i have Knitting Psychos on my list which i have not listened too yet.

Non knitting podcasts i listen to while knitting consist of Diggnation (this is for those who are a little bit techy), Deo's Shadow (a pagan podcast), Ctrl+Alt+Chicken (a video podcast thats a tech cooking show... sometimes the meals turn out terrible, its so amusing to watch), The 4th Age (a podcast about Robert Jordan's book Wheel of Time series), And Tiki Bar TV (a video podcast, very silly but i get to learn how to make a new cocktail so yea!). And NPR Environment and It's all Politics.

I really dig the whole podcast thing, there is a podcast on anything you could think of. Along with audiobooks, podcasts are something i really enjoy listening too while knitting, since i don't watch much tv.
Scathach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 02:06 PM   #9
Julie
Instepping Out

I love the official LOST podcast
Old 08-21-2006, 07:00 PM   #10
melinphx
Ribbing the Cuff

I've only listened to Lime and Violet's first podcast. It was hilarious... like sitting right there with them while they related their Adventures in Stash Building. I'm now a fan, but the speakers on my laptop seem to have a short, they've worked less and less and now aren't working at all (and headphones don't work either). I've ordered some USB speakers and once they're here I plan on downloading the rest of their podcasts so I can get caught up to date on them.
-Melanie

"On the Internet, no one knows if you're a dog." (Cats are obvious, though; they always fall asleep on the keyboard.)

OTN:
Luna Flickering Flames Circular Skirt from elann.com (weaving in all the ends - it feels like there are thousands of them!!!)

Completed:
*Toe-up socks (using Denise's Toe-up Socks tutorial on Cybersocks).
*Crocheted t-top with knitted sleeves and collar.
*Fuzzy Feet from knitty.com
*2 more pairs of Toe-up socks (using the Knitting Fiend's Sock-u-lator II)

melinphx is offline   Reply With Quote