Old 08-21-2006, 02:51 PM   #1
knitqueen
Grafting the Toe

Hoodie Scarf Knit Along
In another thread, several of us have expressed interest in this pattern (pdf file). So here we go!!!
knitqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-21-2006, 03:06 PM   #2
XbelovedXoneX
Turning the Heel

I will be joining sometime! I just have to decide on a yarn since I'm kinda burned out on using cottons. What is everyone else going to use? I also have to see when new yarn will fit into my budget. :? This will be my first project with cables!

In the market for Custom Software Development? Have a Security matter that needs addressing? Please check out my husband's company: http://www.netsenseusa.com
XbelovedXoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 03:13 PM   #3
knitqueen
Grafting the Toe

I'm using Patons Decor, colour taupe.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:57 PM   #4
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,838 Posts
I'll look through my stash and see what I'd like to use. I think I will make this since I put my scarves over my head, anyway, when it's really cold and I'm not a hat wearer. I do have things to finish first, though.

:thinking: I've got a sweater and a scarf (Christmas gift) on the needles, and two sweaters to finish seaming. I really need to seam a cardigan so I can wear it in school, so I have a deadline there.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 07:10 PM   #5
knitqueen
Grafting the Toe

The one thing I hope to change about this pattern.....ya know how when you have a hood with the same # of stitches all the way up with no decreases or anything, you end up with a bit of a pointy hood? You can see it in the picture from this pattern, I don't like that. I hope to figure out a way to make the back of the hood more rounded. I'm thinking something like dividing right and left hood sooner and either doing some decreases from the center out towards the edges (which would require seaming) or work some kind of short rows which would still work with the three needle bind off, something like when short rows are used to slope shoulders. :thinking:
Old 08-21-2006, 08:15 PM   #6
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,838 Posts
Hee. I had the same thought about the back of the head, but I haven't given any thought to how to get rid of that little dangly point yet. Maybe some decreases up along the stitches at the back of the head?

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 11:05 PM   #7
knitqueen
Grafting the Toe

Kristi, remember all that nice stuff I said in the other thread about those first 6 rows??? I take it all back , and I'm sorry for sounding like I knew what I was talking about before actually trying it . It is not a nice little constrast border, it is just an ugly mess of alternating garter stitch-like stuff. I didn't like it one bit so I'm going to do it as you first thought - knit the purls and purl the knits right from the start, just as in the cable portion. Did you ever hear back from the designer??
Old 08-22-2006, 12:06 AM   #8
KristiMetz
Knitting the Flap

I heard back from the designer! She did say that the first six rows of the pattern are in error. Instead of them all being the same - K1, P3, K3, P3, K6, P3, K3, P3, K1, you reverse the instructions for the even numbered rows.

So it should be like this :

Row 1 - K1, P3, K3, P3, K6, P3, K3, P3, K1
Row 2 - P1, K3, P3, K3, P6, K3, P3, K3, P1
Row 3 - Repeat row 1
Row 4 - Repeat row 2
Row 5 - Repeat row 1
Row 6 - Repeat row 2

I'm spelling it out in case anyone reading these messages down the line needs to understand exactly what it should be.

I'm going to start this tonight with the Alpaca Silk - last chance for this Debbie Bliss yarn! If it is just too slippery or frayed I'm gonna ditch it and go with something else.

I would also love for the hood to not be pointy... it's not as bad as some, but I would greatly prefer a rounded hood. There is a headscarf pattern from Berroco which does not APPEAR to have a pointy hood. Maybe it will help? I'm not savvy enough to tell much from looking at this pattern that would help me.
KristiMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 12:30 AM   #9
knitqueen
Grafting the Toe

Kristi, glad you heard from the designer!! I'm 3 cable repeats in on the first scarf and it's looking good. I'm excited about this!
Old 08-22-2006, 07:20 AM   #10
XbelovedXoneX
Turning the Heel

Oooo I can't wait til I can afford to get some yarn to start this! Thanks for letting us know about the error Kristi!

In the market for Custom Software Development? Have a Security matter that needs addressing? Please check out my husband's company: http://www.netsenseusa.com
XbelovedXoneX is offline   Reply With Quote