Old 01-08-2007, 10:23 AM   #521
RuthK
Ribbing the Cuff

I finally got my pattern and yarn and started my first pair of clogs this weekend! I'm doing a child's medium, so it knits up fast, which is good, because I have a short attention span. I finished the cuff on the first one last night, but decided to go to sleep before I tried the bind-off method everyone's suggested. I had a feeling it wouldn't go well since I was sleepy.

Stupid question - how do you seam up the soles? I don't know what an overstitch is, and Google isn't helping me out.
RuthK is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-08-2007, 09:08 PM   #522
chickenhillfarmer
Casting On

Here's my first clog before felting a mens size med. done in patons forest with a brown bottom. I will use one skein of forest and 2 skeins of brown for these two. I didn't add the bumper on this one. I rewrote the pattern so I can read it better and not get lost on the blue paper. xxx
Attached Images:

chickenhillfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 12:58 AM   #523
Marni
Knitting the Flap

Quote:
Actually, I think you've got it backwards. The chart is deceiving and you can't actually read it across. A woman's size 8 shoe only equals a foot length of 9 11/16".

A man's size 9 shoe equals a 10 5/16" foot. That same foot length for a female is a women's size 10 shoe, so you would need to use a women's size 10 size for the clogs.

I might be wrong, but I'm interpreting things backwards from what you read.
Oh crap-o-la... I believe you're right. I never even compared the actual foot length in inches. I was just reading across the chart, which I now see is not the way to do it. I was just about to join the new yarn after finishing the first sole. It's still fun though (except for row 2)! I should have checked back here before starting! Thanks for the input.
Old 01-09-2007, 09:59 AM   #524
kitkat
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to kitkat
Ok - here is a question for you all-----I just felted #2's cloggies last night - sole was WOTA and top was Patons - dang those guys were alot fuzzier than the cascade. Is that normal? Or did I agitate too much? I trimmed alot of the fuzz and I know some of it will go away as they dry but holy cow they looked like yeti feet!

http://knittykittyworld.blogspot.com/
Ravelry - I am Suegene
OTN : Dream in Color Smooshy Monkeys, Block a month afghan (on block 11)
kitkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 06:04 PM   #525
Maria V
Casting On

Clog pattern
I am new to the site--loved reading about the clogs how do I get the pattern?
Maria
Maria V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 07:34 PM   #526
letah75
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by chickenhillfarmer
Here's my first clog before felting a mens size med. done in patons forest with a brown bottom.
OMG, I just did a clog with the EXACT same colors and I love it!!!!!!!!!!! That is soooo funny. I just finished it, and decided to check how everyone is doing, and lo and behold, there is my clog.

"Shared pain is lessened; shared joy, increased thus do we refute entropy." - Spider Robinson
letah75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 10:24 PM   #527
Marni
Knitting the Flap

KitKat, my first (and only completed ones) I did came out pretty fuzzy. I loved the fuzzy look though! After wearing them the fuzz calms down a lot and after their first washing, they didn't fuzz back up nearly as much as the first felting.
Old 01-10-2007, 07:51 AM   #528
Angelia

My first pair (the ones on my feetsies now!) were knit with WOTA and something with mohair, so they had a bit of fuzziness at first. Eventually, that fuzziness flattens out. (Same is true with the Lucy bag I knit in Lamb's Pride, notorious for its fuzziness.) If the fuzzies really bother you, you can always give the clogs a little 'haircut'.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:15 AM   #529
kitkat
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to kitkat
I trimmed the clumps - they will be fine - I was just surprised at the difference in the amount of fuzzle!

http://knittykittyworld.blogspot.com/
Ravelry - I am Suegene
OTN : Dream in Color Smooshy Monkeys, Block a month afghan (on block 11)
kitkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 09:54 AM   #530
Angelia

fuzzle....