Old 01-12-2007, 02:35 PM   #531
JLC
Instepping Out

I finally jumped on the bandwagon and bought both the children's and adult's patterns. I found some stash yarn and decided I'd do a children's one first to get the idea of the pattern. I have the first one done and I'll at least start on the second one tonight. I can't wait to felt them! I did the small, and I'm not sure if they will fit my youngest son or not, so they may end up as a gift to . I had my mom pick out some cascade 220 at the LYS the other day and I plan on making hers for her birthday in February. I'll post before and after pics once I get them done.
JLC is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-14-2007, 07:37 PM   #532
kerilld
Casting On

Row 2 help - just started and am stuck!
Hello All,
I tried to continue knitting while my two boys were up from their naps and have hit a snag due to "mom brain" which only allows me to know where Thomas the Train was last set down and how to sing along to the Wiggles. I am working on the clogs and actually got the right number of stitches done for the first row. For the second row, it is just to knit. Easy, right?!? Well, it is done on circulars (as you all know) and try as I might it looks like I will join it when I do row 2, and it is too early to join. What do I do/ how do I hold the needles and yarn, so that I don't join too early and can still work back and forth on my circulars? Thanks for any help you can offer! (I am taking a class on these, but there was a scheduling snafu and instead of starting this past Sat. I have to wait another week, so I figured I'd start out on my own and see how I did. So, this isn't life or death, but I'd sure love to continue with these!)
kerilld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 08:11 PM   #533
Angelia

If you're knitting the sole, you don't join it--just knit back and forth as if you were using straights. You won't join until you start the upper.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:38 PM   #534
lauraknits
Knitting the Flap

switch hands. The yarn you are knitting with should come off the needle in your left hand. Done it myself!
lauraknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 07:46 AM   #535
Pat in NW Alabama
Casting On

Try putting a marker one stitch in from each end so you know when you are reaching the end of the row.
Open- Thursday-Saturday
http://taming-the-ewe.com
http://taming-the-ewe.blogspot.com/

Knitting Days until Christmas

Pat in NW Alabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 11:03 AM   #536
kerilld
Casting On

thank you all! and another question...
Thank you all for your replies to my earlier question! I have poor spatial recognition I think and sometimes have a hard time visualizing things. Thank goodness for these forums and videos!

My new question is this - i have finished the rounds of the cuff (knit one round, purl five rounds) and have a question about the next part. #1 - "pick up the back purl loops of the first round of the cuff" - is this where my color change can be seen? #2 - am I folding the cuff in and down so that I wind up sewing it together? #3 - is this then a 3 needle bind off?

Many thanks!
kerilld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 03:17 PM   #537
knitknut
1st Leg of the Journey

Yes, yes and yes. But, it doesn't have to be worked as a 3 needle bind off. You can pick up the stitches one at a time and knit them together as you bind off. I find that is easier than dealing with all the needles and knitting in my hands at once.
knitknut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 04:12 PM   #538
kblue
Knitting the Flap

Location: In No Where Land with Maggie and the Ferocious Beast
Hello so i FINALLY recieved my pattern in the mail and i wanted to ask if anyone have made these using sz 13 straight needles instread of circular ones. I have 16 inch circulars in a smaller size. I know the clogs can be done on either kind of needle (thank goodness) so i guess i wanted to know, between straight and circular, which is better to use or which do you prefer?

I'm affraid to go to the store to buy just the sz 13 16inch circular needles because since i have no will power i'll probably come out of the store buying TONS and TONS of yarn and TONS and TONS of knitting accessories

<---- my DH
Old 01-18-2007, 04:14 PM   #539
Angelia

As long as you're not knitting children's clogs, the 16" circs will be fine--that's what I use for all of the adult pairs I knit.

I know what you mean about the self-control problem...
Old 01-19-2007, 11:15 AM   #540
mugs
Ribbing the Cuff

I finally uploaded the pic of my finished clogs. Here they are on my Dh's feet. I still have to get a pic of him wearing them after they were felted.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	clogs2_744.jpg
Views:	695
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	35410  
mugs is offline   Reply With Quote