Old 09-23-2007, 02:12 PM   #11
Suziblues
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via Yahoo to Suziblues
"Insert the needle into the back leg of the 2nd st, wrap the yarn around it and pull through. Then knit the 1st st as usual, and slip both sts off."

The bolded part is what's confusing me, I think. I'm not sure if I'm doing that right. I would just pull it though the second stitch, right? Not both stitches...because then it would be too tight?

I sure wish there was a video....I like to SEE the stitches. I suppose I'm more of a visual learner.

Thank you Sue
You get what you need."
M. Jagger
Suziblues is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-23-2007, 04:40 PM   #12
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,450 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Right just pull it through the 2nd sts, like a regular knit st. I know it's hard to visualize in your head, but once you do it a few times, you'll maybe see how it's supposed to look like. So take your needles and yarn and go step by step. You don't have to do it perfectly the first time, and you may have to do it over and over, but just do it and don't worry about how it looks. Practice and it'll get better.

suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to suzeeq For This Useful Post:
Suziblues (09-23-2007)
Old 03-29-2013, 05:31 PM   #13
DavidSydney63
Knitting the Flap

This is a case where having videos showing techniques are indispensible, YouTube has many but finding one that is 'correct' and not a misinterpretation is tricky. I'd love our Mods to sit down and film some so that 'correct' versions are here!
DavidSydney63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:14 PM   #14
GrumpyGramma
Grafting the Toe

Thanked 2,740 Times in 2,306 Posts
Want a video? How to Knit the Left Twist Stitch (English Style) Maybe this will help. It's the same one I posted in your other thread, David, so maybe it doesn't show you what you need. I'm hoping you just missed it or something and this will help you and Suziblues. If you need its counterpart, here's How to Knit the Right Twist Stitch.

ETA I just saw you post above, didn't see it before. I guess these aren't correct. Sorry. Maybe they'll help the other poster.

You can't knit the left sock first. Ever.
GrumpyGramma is online now   Reply With Quote