Old 08-31-2006, 04:33 AM   #1
catownedanna
Working the Gusset

Sloppy wrong side on "my so called scarf"
This post's Swedish word/phrase: "Jag vill sticka en snygg halsduk till min kompis" = "I want to knit a great looking scarf for my friend"

-----

I've decided to make my friend a scarf. I casted on for a "my so called scarf" and knit a couple of rows. I liked the way the RS looked but found the WS to look sloppy... I frogged and started over. And the same thing happened... The WS looked sloppy...

I think it's the slipped stitches from the RS that kind of "bump" out from the surface and sort of hang like little loops instead of being tucked close to the surface. Did that make sense to anyone? Wish I had been able to take pictures...

Anyone else had this problem with "my so called scarf" or have any ideas on how to prevent a sloppy looking WS?

On the needles: A couple of different projects
Recently off the needles: A couple of different projects
catownedanna is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 08-31-2006, 08:05 AM   #2
Friskums

I can't say that I have. Mine turned out just fine.

Is the weight of the yarn too thin? Or the needles too small? I mean, does it look like it's excess/extra yarn like the stitches are too loose or just that they aren't laying right?

Or, is it a yarn you can block? Maybe you could block it and just kind of lay them all nice and flat.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:59 AM   #3
catownedanna
Working the Gusset

This post's Swedish word/phrase: "Jag vet inte vad som gick fel" = "I don't know what went wrong"
_____

Hej Frisky!

Thanks for chipping in. Reading your post had me starting over on the scarf and I have to say that I don't really know what went wrong the first couple of attempts...

Now, I'm pulling and tugging a fair bit and it's turning out great! I guess I might have been too cautious...

On the needles: A couple of different projects
Recently off the needles: A couple of different projects
catownedanna is offline   Reply With Quote