Old 09-08-2006, 02:22 AM   #1
angelsmom1950
Casting On

Send a message via Yahoo to angelsmom1950
How do I "turn" and what does it mean.
I am literally a new self taught knitter, well not really, got my lessons fromKnitting help.com ,done well so far. Now I have dish cloth pattern I'm trying to do and I . It is a basketweave pattern and this is where I get lost. The pattern says knit 8,slip 2, knit 4 turn.I can do all of it except turn. Its probably simple ( I hope) please HELP. Please feel free to email me also with the answer.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-08-2006, 03:06 AM   #2
humblestumble
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to humblestumble Send a message via Yahoo to humblestumble
It literally means to turn the peice of knitting around in other words flip it to the other side, and knit. Hope that makes sense? When I first made socks, it freaked me out too, I didnt know what to do.

http://www.amsfineart.com

humblestumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 03:35 AM   #3
Boogs
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via AIM to Boogs
When you've knit one row all your stitches will have moved from your left needle to the right. To 'turn' your work you will put the needle with the stitches into your left hand and start on the next row, (this is all assuming you are right-handed and knitting 'English' style as opposed to 'Continental')!

I am not obsessed, I'm just highly pre-occupied!

Boogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 06:57 AM   #4
angelsmom1950
Casting On

Re: How do I "turn" and what does it mean.
Originally Posted by angelsmom1950
I am literally a new self taught knitter, well not really, got my lessons fromKnitting help.com ,done well so far. Now I have dish cloth pattern I'm trying to do and I . It is a basketweave pattern and this is where I get lost. The pattern says knit 8,slip 2, knit 4 turn.I can do all of it except turn. Its probably simple ( I hope) please HELP. Please feel free to email me also with the answer.
Thanks I knew it would probably be simple, must be old timers disease lol. .If for some reason this wanna be great knitter cant do it. You will hear from me again.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:01 AM   #5
angelsmom1950
Casting On

Originally Posted by humblestumble
It literally means to turn the peice of knitting around in other words flip it to the other side, and knit. Hope that makes sense? When I first made socks, it freaked me out too, I didnt know what to do.
Thanks. I'm gonna try it. Lets pray it works. It's got to, I cant let this deter me . Im smarter than that ,right?
Old 09-10-2006, 01:56 AM   #6
humblestumble
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to humblestumble Send a message via Yahoo to humblestumble
I hope it finally clicks with you

http://www.amsfineart.com

humblestumble is offline   Reply With Quote