Old 10-26-2006, 07:56 AM   #1
losnana
Working the Gusset

Toe-to-cuff or Cuff-to-toe socks
I didn't know whether to post this here or in HOW-TO but here goes... I've knit one pair of socks before, using the cuff-to-toe and magic loop methods. I'm about to start a second pair, also on magic loop and wonder others have a preference, if, so what and why/ Also, are there certain patterns that lend themselves to one method or the other? Thanks, in advance.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-26-2006, 10:43 AM   #2
kemp
Grafting the Toe

Send a message via ICQ to kemp Send a message via AIM to kemp Send a message via Yahoo to kemp
I like doing toe ups since it's easier to control how long you can make the leg based on how much yarn you have. Tutorial here:
http://www.webdesignsbybarb.com/tost...eedletoeup.htm
kemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 12:32 PM   #3
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

I am a cuff to toe girl, just because that is what I've done and am most comfortable with. I admit it (hangs head) I've not yet tried toe to cuff, but I am, I promise, as soon as I'm done with A Touch of Whimsy socks, the next ones will be toe up

As for a preference, I would say it's all in what you are used to, like me I know you will enjoy toe to cuff just as much as cuff to toe because it's socknitting and all socknitting is fun

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Whimsical Knitting
Whimsical Knitting Designs

I'm Becka on Ravelry!

rebecca is offline   Reply With Quote