Old 09-19-2006, 06:42 AM   #1
JLC
Instepping Out

OT - Anyone use Netflix?
I'm thinking about cancelling my HBO package through Dish Network and renting DVD's online through Netflix or maybe Blockbuster. Does anyone have any experience with this? Is it worth it?
Thanks!
JLC is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-19-2006, 07:03 AM   #2
Jax3303
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to Jax3303
Netflix is definately worth it. we've been with them for 5 years now. wow, it dosen't seem like it's been that long....lol. We live reasonably close to a distribution center, so we usually have new movies in our mailbox 2 sometimes 3 days after we mail the old movies back. fast turn around and a great selection.

My Blog

Jax3303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 07:11 AM   #3
XbelovedXoneX
Turning the Heel

I have to agree with everything Jax says. My DH and I looove netflix!

In the market for Custom Software Development? Have a Security matter that needs addressing? Please check out my husband's company: http://www.netsenseusa.com
XbelovedXoneX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 07:15 AM   #4
SandraEllen
Working the Gusset

We have Netflix too. We really like it because they have a HUGE selection. You can create a list of movies that you want to see and then you can order that list as often as you want. they send you the movie at the top of your list (if it is available).

Here's the only problem. If you've been with the service any amount of time over approx 3 months, you are no longer able to rent the biggest and newest movies right after they come out. You may have to wait a couple weeks or a month before you are able to rent it.

They give new people priority. They do that so everyone who is new LOVES the service and tells everyone they know about how great it is.
SandraEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 07:17 AM   #5
SandraEllen
Working the Gusset

I forgot another cool thing. They have movie trailers (previews) of most of the movies they have on there. You can look at a description of the movie and watch that preview and decide if you want to rent it.

Don't try it if you're not a member though. It only works for members.
SandraEllen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 07:23 AM   #6
gimmesanity
Turning the Heel

We love our Netflix. We've been with them for about 3 years now and I wouldn't trade them in for anything. Their customer service is awesome - we received a scratched dvd on two different occasions and they sent us a new one, no questions asked. They're fast and have a HUGE selection of movies.

I never knew about the whole preference for new people thing...interesting. We usually have so many movies in our queue that we don't even notice when new movies come out until like weeks later, anyways.

My Knitting/Reading/Running/Rambling Blog
gimmesanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 07:37 AM   #7
lizzitude
1st Leg of the Journey

We love Netflix too.....we live VERy close to a distribution center and usually get new movies 2 days after we return the old one. It's so wonderful not to have to go to the movie store anymore. The only problem we have is that sometimes the movie we have is not the one we're in the mood to see!
  • Kitty Shawl
  • Nantucket Jacket from Interweave Knits
  • Miranda Cable Scarf
lizzitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 07:40 AM   #8
Tammy6071
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via Yahoo to Tammy6071
We had Netflix for a year and the service was great and we always had movies to watch, but we also found that after we had been with them a while it was more difficult to get the newer movies. They would be on our lists for weeks before we were able to get them. We found that we got tired of waiting and would still go to Blockbuster to get the new releases, so we just cancelled Netflix last month. Not that it wasn't a great deal, we just found that we're saving money using them because we were still going to Blockbuster. I guess it depends on how patient you are!
Baby blanket
Pomatopus socks
Shetland lace rib socks
Monthly Dishcloth KAL
My Blog
Tammy6071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 07:46 AM   #9
Jax3303
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to Jax3303
wow- i've never noticed the priority being to new members. I can assure you that's not the case with us, though. maybe DH and I are just lucky, we've never had to wait more than 3 days for a new release.

My Blog

Jax3303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 09:02 AM   #10
Scathach
Ribbing the Cuff

We love netflix we cancelled all our extra movie channels. Its definately worth the money. We have been renting from them for a three years and we have had very little problems with the service. Once or twice a disc didn't arrive or arrived very late but its pretty rare from what i can tell. They have a decent selection too.
Scathach is offline   Reply With Quote