Old 09-20-2006, 05:46 PM   #1
Quiara
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via AIM to Quiara Send a message via Yahoo to Quiara
The Yarn Harlot
Stepahnie Pearl-McPhee is a HOOT. I actually just brought home my own copy of Knitting Rules, but I fell in love with it a while back. She's hilarious and the book contains some useful, common sense info. I love it.

Quote:
If you're wearing clothes and you dressed yourself, you're smart enough to knit. If you're wearing matching clothes or a coordinating accessory, you're smart enough to knit well.

Find me on as Quiara. ^_^
Quiara is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-20-2006, 05:53 PM   #2
aylaanne
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to aylaanne Send a message via MSN to aylaanne Send a message via Yahoo to aylaanne
Yeah, she's pretty funny. I love to read her blog. And I can't wait for her to tour again, I missed her the last time around (I'm so MAD about that!)

In the queue:
Jack Skellington baby afghan
Finished: Warm Up America Square, Basketweave Baby Blanket (now to ship it), Massachusetts Dishcloth for the Yarn Harlot, Homeless Hat
, water bottle cozy

aylaanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 05:54 PM   #3
Angelia

She's wonderful! And I love that quote, too!

When I was reading Secret Life of a Knitter, there were times when I laughed so hard I cried. (Get it--the letter her abandoned sweater writes her is worth the price of the book!)
Old 09-20-2006, 05:55 PM   #4
knitqueen
Grafting the Toe

Originally Posted by Angelia
She's wonderful! And I love that quote, too!

When I was reading Secret Life of a Knitter, there were times when I laughed so hard I cried. (Get it--the letter her abandoned sweater writes her is worth the price of the book!)
Yes, I LOVED that book and the letter written by the sweater is hilarious. Also all of her 'dear pattern designer' letters.
knitqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 06:02 PM   #5
Angelia

Originally Posted by knitqueen
Also all of her 'dear pattern designer' letters.

Old 09-20-2006, 06:04 PM   #6
Celine
Turning the Heel

She is great
I have all of her books and they make me laugh right out loud. I love the one about how crocheting is so much faster and crocheters do not get a change to "come to their senses" when making a Santa Claus toilet seat cover. While we knit slower and we CAN come to our senses before we knit one. I BURST out laughing at that one.

Can't wait for her next book. I'll be getting it when its out.
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 06:49 PM   #7
psammeadred
Working the Gusset

I've glanced through her book, and it looked like a fun read. She came to my city a couple of months ago. The day before she came, I was looking up info to be sure I went to the right library - only to find that she was there the day BEFORE.
psammeadred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 09:44 PM   #8
Angelia

Originally Posted by psammeadred
I've glanced through her book, and it looked like a fun read. She came to my city a couple of months ago. The day before she came, I was looking up info to be sure I went to the right library - only to find that she was there the day BEFORE.
Oh, that's terrible!!

Definitely get her books--you'll have such a wonderful time! They'll keep you busy until her next visit, hopefully!

Celine--the crochet thing is hilarious! Poor crocheters...working so fast that they don't recognize the fug...
Old 09-20-2006, 09:51 PM   #9
Emeraldcutie
Knitting the Flap

I think she is hilarious, I live an hour away from her and I keep telling her Iam going to hunt her down to help with my projects and to see her yarn palace.

I love the meditations book, esp the quote about miniature sheep and being able to convince her husband that its just a dog...lol..

I bought knitting rules and it is great, I love the rule of thumb information, and the thoughts are priceless. Must have for any knit addict.

Gotta relate

Laura
Emeraldcutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 10:01 PM   #10
Angelia

Oh, Laura, you should definitely show up at her door!

I'm reading Knitting Rules right now, and it is fantastic! Very helpful--I've learned quite a lot.

I do read her books too quickly though. She needs to write faster! There's always her blog, of course, but it's just not the same.