Old 09-28-2006, 11:28 PM   #1
snowbear
Working the Gusset

Send a message via Yahoo to snowbear
Am I normal to be sick of it now that it's done?
Daughter wanted king size afghan.. I've knitted 42 squares... then put them all together... now.. I only have to weave in one million ends.... then put a crochet edging on... cause i'm too tired to do anything else... Is it ok to become sick of a project & just want it over? I've never tackeled anything this huge.. it covers my king size bed.. it's over 6' x 7 '.... Don't get me wrong.. I'm glad I did it for her.. & I enjoy the knitting..but.. I feel a bit quilty for being sick of it.... I calculated about 2 hrs to weave in the ends tomorrow,, then who knows how long to do a simple single crochet edge around the whole thing... She'll be here Saturday.. so it will be finished... Next time I am going for a small.. small project.. like my grandson's coming home cap.... He's due end of January.
snowbear is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 09-29-2006, 12:03 AM   #2
fluffypechey
Knitting the Flap

Well first of all Congratulations!!

I too did a crochet kingsize blanket. I hated it near to the end. It used to sit and look at me daring me to tackle the ends!!

So dont feel bad about hating it. I loved it again when it was finished and looked so beautiful.

Your daughter will be thrilled also.
I think you are right about a small project next maybe an egg cosy?

Hope you soon get it done and out of the way. It is the last hurdle the finishing off. Good Luck. Hopefully you will soon have it done. If it acts up just shout at it I find that helps too. Its probably too big to throw across the room

Sharon

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm. (Winston Churchill)

If I wanted to hear the pitter patter of little feet, I'd put shoes on my cat.

A cat acts the way it feels.

A LOOPA lover here ;-)
fluffypechey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 01:13 AM   #3
rebecca
Grafting the Toe

Congrats on such a huge undertaking! Pics, please! What a lucky daughter you have!
I would say, yeah, I think it's completely normal to be sick and tired of it by now! I think that you are going to LOVE seeing your daughter use it after it's out of your site for a little while

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength."

Whimsical Knitting
Whimsical Knitting Designs

I'm Becka on Ravelry!

rebecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 02:51 AM   #4
SabrinaJL
Turning the Heel

Sounds perfectly normal to me. Right now I'm working on a 60"x80" afghan for my DH. I'm only on stripe 4 (of 15) and I've already had it with this blanket.

And last month when I was working on a scarf for my daughter I was so sick of it halfway through, I felt like I was going to be knitting that stupid thing until the end of time.
SabrinaJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 04:00 AM   #5
horve1
Turning the Heel

Verrrrry norrrrmal! But I bet when the finishing's done, you'll love it again. And yes, pics please. We'd love to see it!
Recent FOs: Earrings; Celtic Cap & Scarf-y; Swatches for TWP; 6 EarFlap Hats; Hand-painted-yarn Sun Spot Stole that decided it wanted to be a Vintage Velvet Scarf; DD's Fuzzy Socks; Shadow Pillow; Aran Pillow; DS's Thuja Socks; Tree of Life Square; Sunny-Flower Square; Ornament; Extreme Knitting 2-in-1 Socks; Single-Needle Scarf Trio; DS's Cardigan; Qiviut Lace Scarf; DD's Daria Belt; DD's Fun Scarf; Mini-Purse from first yarn I spun; BECKA'S LEAVES OF WHIMSY SOCKS W/SWAP YARN FROM BECKA!!!; Knit Bead Bracelet & Earrings; Happy Socks; "Really Cool Socks"; Eagle's Flight Socks; Cabled Fingerless Mitts; Mistake-Rib Socks; Bamboo Mini-Bag; Felted Vase; DD's Basket; Felted Clogs; DS's Sweater; DD's Lacy Stole; Oversize Booga; Crazy Quilt; DS's Backpack.

On needles: A Special Secret Present; Never-Ending Afghan (remainders/reminders from all my projects).
horve1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 04:15 AM   #6
DianaM
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to DianaM Send a message via MSN to DianaM
I know the pain all too well, hehe.

I made a blanket (crochet) for my bf last year and thinking about his height (6'4") and cozyness, I decided to make it......a bit oversized.
I sort of messed up the measurements and how many stitches I needed for it, so it ended up being a mammoth of a blanket.

I haven't really measured it: http://www.cafenox.net/graphos/main.php?g2_itemId=503 (he's standing in the loft of my previous apartment. It nearly touched the first floor).

By the time I was done with the seaming and weaving, I was sick of it. But I loved it to bits after I gave it to him, hehe.
The first thing he did was wrap himself in it "burrito" fashion. And a year later, it's the only "flat sheet" on his bed.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:47 AM   #7
snowbear
Working the Gusset

Send a message via Yahoo to snowbear
Thanks so much for the words of advice. I am getting ready to go tackle the ends... I have about 24 hrs till Kids will be here and want to get the dang.. thing done. I now understand why people gripe about ends... never had this many before and hopefully never again. But I do look forward to her wrapping up in it w/ the granddaughter, and the grandson ...

I'll try to take pic... haven't tried on this site before...

Bear hugs to all...
snowbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 07:55 AM   #8
mulene
Working the Gusset

Congrats on finishing such a huge project! Frankly I'd be sick of it too don't feel guilty but get the edging done and then kiss it goodbye =D

My First Finished Project in 20 years!: Sirdar Foxy Scarf!

mulene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 08:02 AM   #9
Ingrid
Mod Squad

Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,838 Posts
That happens to me in the middle of most of my larger projects, and I've never knit a large blanket. Don't feel guilty--there are so many nice things to knit, it's natural to get tired of one that takes all your time and attention.

Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana.

Hop aboard while we follow the cloud-covered van of knitting harmony, man!! Woooo!! --Hedgehog

IngridKH on Ravelry
Ingrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 08:31 AM   #10
dustinac
2nd Sock, I Rock

Thanked 4,204 Times in 2,997 Posts
Congrats on finishing it and hope we see pictures!!! yeah I would feel that way too and do with most large projects that take me awhile to finish.. I wanna move on to the next thing.. I'm not sure I"d get a king size done lol it would prolly end up in the finish when I can look at you again pile...

A Mountaineer Knitter's Blog
dustinac is offline   Reply With Quote