Old 10-01-2006, 11:54 AM   #1

Crystal Palace Yarn
Hi everyone!

I was just wondering if anyone has used this yarn. I did a search and nothing came up so here I am. Could I just use the lionbrand chenille? Of course I realize I can, but is it wise I guess is what I'm asking.

I've never seen this yarn yet, I found a pattern for a sweatshirt that calls for it and I went to WEBS yesterday for my birthday present from hubby and they didn't have it, bummer.

Thanks for any help.

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-01-2006, 12:28 PM   #2
BinkyKat
Instepping Out

I assume you mean Cotton Chenille from Crystal Palace right? Since you mention using Lion Brand Chenille as a sub?
YarnMarket has it here

I have some for some pending flower cloths...I think it feels nice and I am of the initial opinion it's good to work with from those I've talked to.
Old 10-01-2006, 05:04 PM   #3
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,450 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
I don't recommend LB chenille unless you use the Thick and Quick - I think they've discontinued the regular one because it's marked down everywhere. I bought a skein thinking it'd make a nice soft scarf, but it's a bugger to knit with. It isn't stretchy and if you have to take out any of the knitting, a lot of the fibers fall off.

sue
suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 05:44 PM   #4

Sorry, I did mean the Cotton Chenille of the Crystal Palace. That's what the pattern calls for. I do have a ton of the LB chenille, the thick stuff, but I want to use that for a baby blanket someday.