Old 10-13-2006, 09:32 AM   #1
knitz
Casting On

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! interpreting a stitch
i am having trouble doing this stitch: (k1 yo k1) in next stitch... its for a chevron pattern but i can't seem to get it and i can not find a video of it online

HELP

thanks
knitz is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-13-2006, 09:42 AM   #2
janelanespaintbrush
Working the Gusset

I believe it's a centered double increase. You knit one, and without dropping the stitch off the needle, do a yarn over, and then knit one again in the same stitch.

There is no right way to knit; there is no wrong way to knit. So if anybody kindly tells you that what you are doing is "wrong," don't take umbrage; they mean well. Smile submissively, and listen, keeping your disagreement on an entirely mental level. They may be right, in this particular case, and even if not, they may drop off pieces of information which will come in very handy if you file them away carefully in your brain for future reference. ~Elizabeth Zimmerman
janelanespaintbrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 09:49 AM   #3
knitz
Casting On

its from the book Greetings from Knit Cafe and i think its a decrease??????? but is it in the videos anywhere on this web site?
knitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:03 AM   #4
janelanespaintbrush
Working the Gusset

Well, if you're going to knit twice into the same stitch with a yarn over in between, you'd end up with two more stitches than you started. I'm pretty sure chevron patterns require both increases and decreases so it's not surprising that it would contain an increase. I think you think it's harder than it really is. Just give it a try.

There is no right way to knit; there is no wrong way to knit. So if anybody kindly tells you that what you are doing is "wrong," don't take umbrage; they mean well. Smile submissively, and listen, keeping your disagreement on an entirely mental level. They may be right, in this particular case, and even if not, they may drop off pieces of information which will come in very handy if you file them away carefully in your brain for future reference. ~Elizabeth Zimmerman
janelanespaintbrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 10:27 AM   #5
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,451 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
Yes, it'a an increase and it's really not that hard to do. Just try it out; use scrap yarn to practice with for a bit before you try it in your pattern.

sue
suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote