Old 10-16-2006, 05:19 PM   #1
Cristy
Instepping Out

Preemie Items Up for Grabs
A while back someone on this thread did a group project for a class where she got everyone to knit preemie items and send them to her to donate. I had asked some knitting friends to join in--some of them I don't see often. We I recently got a load of stuff from one of the girls and I don't know what to do with it...the hospitals around here either already have a group doing it or they are so picky about the colors we use that some of the stuff is going to get thrown away. Is there anyone who collects this stuff that I can mail it to or anyone that has a suggestion as to where I can send it? There is a local chapter of NIN here but I tried working with them before and found the group to be very judgemental and not working at this for the right reasons. I'm sure it's not all NIN chapters that are like that but the one here (which stinks) really ticked me off.

Cristy is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-16-2006, 06:43 PM   #2
River
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via Yahoo to River
I have donated to the NICU my daughter was in if you would like i can see if i can find the address for you or you can send them to me and i will take them to the hosptial. It is really upsetting that people and hosptial would give you a hard time when all you want to do is help.

River
River is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:38 PM   #3
Cristy
Instepping Out

It wasn't the people at the hospital--it was the Newborns In Need charity group that knits for the local hospitals. I actually have had someone PM me about what to do with them--I appreciate the offer--I am going to donate them to a girl scout troop and help them do a service project.

Cristy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:56 PM   #4
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,908 Posts
If you find that you still need an outlet for the preemie items, you can donate them to Threads of Love. http://www.threadsoflove.org/
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 10:24 PM   #5
River
Ribbing the Cuff

Send a message via Yahoo to River
i am glad you were able to find a good place for them.
River is offline   Reply With Quote