Old 10-18-2006, 11:35 AM   #11
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,845 Times in 1,909 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeep_Girl
It is hard, Sandy. No matter what - there is always someone who may take offense to things no matter how innocent they are. It was nice of you to change your title for them.
I'm okay, Lisa. I've lived through a divorce, with children and much heartbreak involved. I'm pretty tough. It takes a WHOLE LOT to get my gourd.
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-18-2006, 12:29 PM   #12
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Bidding is up to $3.25 now!
Old 10-18-2006, 12:37 PM   #13
Stiney
2nd Sock, I Rock

Send a message via AIM to Stiney
Pssst, what about reserve prices?

Am famoos!

Stiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 12:42 PM   #14
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

I never use a reserve price on my auctions, because I figure that sometimes I win, sometimes I lose. It all evens out in the wash.

Some people like to set a reserve price, so they are guaranteed to make at least that amount of money. It's your choice.

I also never use the "Buy It Now" option, because then I limit myself on what the item sells for. If I had listed it for auction, it might have gone much higher!
Old 10-19-2006, 11:23 PM   #15
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

A few other things. If you notice that you made a mistake on your listing, and you haven't gotten any bids yet, you can change the mistakes by going to the item, and clicking, "Revise your item". If you have bids, you're stuck with the mistakes. You CAN add a note at the bottom of the item description, though.

Now that your item is listed, BE PATIENT. Remember that "a watched pot never boils". Just go about your business as usual, and relax. You might make a lot of money, or you might not sell the item at all. That's the way the cookie crumbles on eBay.

Be sure to check your account at least once a day to see if anyone has asked a question about the item. Your prompt response will keep their interest. If you ignore them, they will likely ignore your item.

I've had some real successes on eBay. Once, I bought a needlepoint kit at a thrift store for 60 cents. It sold on eBay for over 40 dollars! My hubby bought a McFarlane action figure at Walmart for 11 dollars, and sold it on eBay for over 100!

I've also had some failures. A few times, I have sold an item for less than I paid for. But, like I said in an earlier post, "Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose."
Old 10-20-2006, 05:02 PM   #16
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

The auction is going for $5.75 now!
Old 10-24-2006, 06:02 AM   #17
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

My auction ended at $5.75, which is almost exactly what I paid for it. (I got this on eBay a couple years ago.)

My buyer has already paid $10.00 through paypal, to cover the cost of the auction and shipping parcel post at $4.25.

I will leave positive feedback for my buyer, and mail the package within the next 2 days.

I save on packaging by re-using old boxes and padded envelopes from auctions I have won on eBay. Whenever I receive a package in the mail, I get my goodies out of it, then stash the empty package in a closet in one of my bedrooms. I have a nice tape gun and packing tape that I bought at Office Max. So, my packaging is CHEAP. That is why I don't charge a "handling" fee to my customers.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:43 AM   #18
gardenmommy
Instepping Out

If you send stuff priority, you can also get FREE boxes from the post office too! You can even pick up a stack of them (they are flat, and you do have to assemble them) to keep on hand!
Old 10-24-2006, 03:20 PM   #19
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Yeah, some sellers like to do that. I have such a stockpile of boxes that I don't need to right now!
Old 10-29-2006, 08:25 PM   #20
Sooze
Ribbing the Cuff

Thanks for the lesson
I wondered if it was hard to list stuff, now I know!

That was so nice of you to explain the process, and nice yarn BTW

One question..what IF you didn't have a paypal account ,do you just mail the item first, and then trust that they'll mail you a money order or check, or concealed cash?

And, IF you are a buyer, do you look for items/sellers that accept other forms of pmt. such as a bank debit card etc?

(In case you couldn't tell, i am setting myself up to try and spend some $$ on knitting stuff online.) Perhaps it's best that I don't know! hehe But hey, we gotta help each other, right?

Any help appreciated, and a 'sorry couldn't tell ya' is a perfectly acceptable answer!

And thanks again for all the insight into the 'world of ebay sales'

"ghetto," oh my, too funny!

PS The post office will even deliver those boxes to your door,(just visit USPS) with all kindsa labels etc for FREE, in fact they doubled my order by mistake so I had TONS of those priority boxes, perfect for storing those 'future stashes'
Sooze is offline   Reply With Quote