Old 10-16-2006, 12:42 PM   #1
mimi
Knitting the Flap

"Simplest Cap of all" Question
OK, I went into the "Free Patterns" tab, clicked on "Simplest Cap of All" and am stumped already on the instruction of increasing by "liftint the bar between the stitches below and knitting into the back of this stitch, twisting it."

First, can I knit this pattern on a circular needle?
Second, can I increase the regular way?

Thanks, ladies.
mimi is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-16-2006, 01:10 PM   #2
Jan in CA
Mod Squad

Thanked 8,729 Times in 7,102 Posts
I made the worsted weight version so I could knit it on circular needles. It still tends to pull because of the small amount of stitches, but it can be done if you use 16 in circs.

Increase instructions are here. I think I used the KFB increase, but it leaves a little bar showing. Maybe the instructions can help you do the correct one.

When asking questions ALWAYS post the name and a link for the pattern if you have it.

NEW! KH knitting video archive
~HOW TO POST A PHOTO~

Jan in CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 09:24 AM   #3
JamOKnit
Knitting the Flap

I just asked this question on another thread!

It is an M1 increase, where you lift up the bar between the stitches with your left needle and then knit into the back of it rather than the front. Check that link to the increasing videos and look for the M1 increase.

Good luck with your cap...I'm just starting and using size 8 DPNs and worsted wool...so I'll let you know how mine turns out!

I'm JamOKnit on Ravelry.
JamOKnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 09:13 AM   #4
candy
Turning the Heel

loose end stitch
I just watched Amy's video and I think it will help you. Click getting started and watch demo of small project. She says to slip the first and K the last stitch, but if the first stitch is a purl then slip it purlways and K last stitch. The only question I have is what if the last stitch is a purl do you still K it or do you P it.
candy is offline   Reply With Quote