Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2006, 02:51 PM   #1
Working the Gusset
candicane's Avatar
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,264
Thanks: 2
Thanked 85 Times in 74 Posts
what type of increase?
I am making a top-down raglan cardigan. (I am not using a pattern) The body of the cardigan is an open lattice work kind of stitch so I don't think that I want to use YO as my increases. I think the eyelets from the YOs would compete/clash with the lattice pattern.

I want to do the increases on the purl rows, but don't know what type of increase would look best.

The Lattice Pattern is:

Row 1: purl
Row 2: YO, K2tog

Repeat these 2 rows.

candicane is offline   Reply With Quote


This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-20-2006, 02:56 PM   #2
Grafting the Toe
knitqueen's Avatar
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Western Canada
Posts: 4,246
Thanks: 139
Thanked 148 Times in 132 Posts
I would do a pfb (purl into front and back of stitch). It does leave a slightly noticeable strand of yarn on the right side but with your stitch pattern it would be disguised and I bet almost invisible.
knitqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How do I choose what type of increase Joce General Knitting 2 04-09-2012 08:34 AM
What type of increase do I use??? MorenaDeFL How-to Questions 2 02-18-2012 01:13 PM
What type of increase? gargoyle08 Pattern Central 2 01-18-2008 03:45 PM
Making an Increase for Booties (what type is this?) zebstriped How-to Questions 3 03-23-2007 01:48 PM
I can't type on chat! Where do you type? Anastasia Beaverhausen General Knitting 1 09-21-2006 09:16 PM

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:40 AM.