Old 10-23-2006, 05:14 PM   #1
mkaye
Casting On

kkll and/or krl for lefties
The more I look at the right-handed directions for making left and right loop increases, the more confused I've become. I'm not sure how often I should substituting my lefts for my rights. Is there anyone out there who can explain how to do these stitches in left-handed terms? Thanks.
mkaye is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-24-2006, 02:56 PM   #2
Pink Dandelion
Knitting the Flap

When reading instructions for how to make a special stitch oryou should always 'translate' as the opposite side to what it says. (with 'right needle...' or 'from the left side...' etc. should be with the 'LEFT needle..." or from the RIGHT side...")

When it comes to deciding which derease to use, not only is your knitting mirror image, your increases/decreases are also turning out mirror image, so except for a very few cases (usually to do with following charts and cables) you always just use the increase/decrease it tells you to, and they should turn out just fine

I hope this helps - I'm pretty bad at explaining specific techiniques, and i always have to read instructions for increases right before I work them, I always forget which is what and which way it leans...

I'm PinkDandelion at Ravelry!
Pink Dandelion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 05:38 PM   #3
mkaye
Casting On

Thanks for responding...
I think I almost have it. My right-handed instructions are as follows: For kll, with tip of "LH" needle, lift and k the "left" loop of the st below the st just knit on "RH" needle. So, my left-handed instructions would be as follows, right?: For kll, with tip of "RH" needle, lift and k the "right" loop of the st below the st just knit on the "LH" needle. I think I'm still mostly confused about which side of the stitch to knit. Thanks again for your input. It is most helpful.
mkaye is offline   Reply With Quote