Old 10-23-2006, 05:46 PM   #1
knittingmaster
Casting On

Lavish Lace Sangria pattern chart - HELP
I am a novice and determined lace knitter and have plunged into patterns with gusto. However, the Sangria pattern icontained in the book ncludes a chart named Icelandic Bead St Variation with a stitch I cannot find anywhere!
The symbol is unique and represents this instruction: K1, K1tbl, K1 in 1 st. I think it is an increase of 2 stitches, but I cannot find it anywhere. Can anyone explain this stitch to me? Thank you all in advance. By the way, there is little instruction in this book, and too much editorializing about yarn in my opinion.
knittingmaster is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-23-2006, 06:10 PM   #2
knitqueen
Grafting the Toe

Re: Lavish Lace Sangria pattern chart - HELP
Originally Posted by knittingmaster
I am a novice and determined lace knitter and have plunged into patterns with gusto. However, the Sangria pattern icontained in the book ncludes a chart named Icelandic Bead St Variation with a stitch I cannot find anywhere!
The symbol is unique and represents this instruction: K1, K1tbl, K1 in 1 st. I think it is an increase of 2 stitches, but I cannot find it anywhere. Can anyone explain this stitch to me? Thank you all in advance. By the way, there is little instruction in this book, and too much editorializing about yarn in my opinion.
To do a K1, K1tbl, K1 into the same stitch.....knit the stitch but do not slip the original stitch off the left needle - knit the same stitch again but this time, through the back loop (if you're unsure how to do that, click on the 'Abbreviations Explained' tab at the top of this page and you'll find a video there), still do not slip the original stitch off the left needle - now knit the same stitch once more and at this point you can slip the original stitch off the left needle. You have created 3 stitches where there was one - an increase of 2 stitches.

Welcome to knitting and to this site - ask away, there are many experienced knitters here willing to lend a hand whenever it's needed.
knitqueen is offline   Reply With Quote