Old 10-24-2006, 01:54 PM   #1
hellokitty165
Turning the Heel

Send a message via Yahoo to hellokitty165
FDA chicken
I heard that FDA is going to inject chicken with one type of chemical or virus inorder to prevent them from sick....anyone heard about this ???

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-24-2006, 03:28 PM   #2
boyforpele13
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to boyforpele13 Send a message via MSN to boyforpele13 Send a message via Yahoo to boyforpele13
if you do some research, you'll find they already are and have been for ages, I'm sorry to say. :( check out The Meatrix

Share Your Life With a Deaf Dog!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. - Marianne Williamson
boyforpele13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 04:22 PM   #3
brendajos
Grafting the Toe

Location: Going through your stash...pay no attention over here
Send a message via Yahoo to brendajos
well i can't hear that video clip here so I don't really know what it is discussing, but they have been injecting chicken and other meats with all sorts of cwap for years. If you ever flip over a package of chicken look at the ingredients. it is almost always injected with some sort of broth which amps up the sodium content in it. There is obviously SOME sodium that occurs naturally in chicken but it isn't as much as you will find in there. If you consider how much that really is in your day it is a little disconcerting.

I am always amazed by people who say "yuck" to organic food like there is something wrong with it, when you are actually getting food as God intended you to have it...without all the pesticides and nasty additives.
Old 10-24-2006, 05:20 PM   #4
gimmesanity
Turning the Heel

It's not just chicken - they do it to pretty much all non-organic meats.

We try to buy organic whenever possible for this reason, even if it is sometimes a bit more spendy. I can totally tell the difference in taste, especially with chicken. Maybe it's because of the injected sodium stuff, I dunno, but organic chicken tastes more...chickeny, somehow. Organic milk tastes different, too.

I think we need to stress how organic is better for everyone - you, your family, and the environment.

My Knitting/Reading/Running/Rambling Blog
gimmesanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 05:33 PM   #5
brendajos
Grafting the Toe

Originally Posted by gimmesanity
It's not just chicken - they do it to pretty much all non-organic meats.

(yeah i know but i don't eat those meats or buy them so i can't speak for them no matter how much i want to and usually do! )
Old 10-24-2006, 05:45 PM   #6
boyforpele13
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to boyforpele13 Send a message via MSN to boyforpele13 Send a message via Yahoo to boyforpele13
my reply disappeared! brendajos, i'm sad that site doesn't work for you. here is the main site, maybe that will help somehow and there's a help page, and i've heard also you can download their stuff free at itunes, but i haven't looked yet. there is now a Meatrix 2 - Revolting and Store Wars is fun.

Share Your Life With a Deaf Dog!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. - Marianne Williamson
boyforpele13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 06:34 PM   #7
Amber
Working the Gusset

Yuck and double yuck!

That's why we buy almost all of our meat here: Paidom.

Amber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 07:23 PM   #8
brendajos
Grafting the Toe

Originally Posted by boyforpele13
my reply disappeared! brendajos, i'm sad that site doesn't work for you. here is the main site, maybe that will help somehow and there's a help page, and i've heard also you can download their stuff free at itunes, but i haven't looked yet. there is now a Meatrix 2 - Revolting and Store Wars is fun.

Oh I didn't mean to imply there was anything wrong with the site. I could watch the video just fine but I have no ears on my computer at the real job so i could only look at the pretty flashing pictures!
Old 10-24-2006, 07:51 PM   #9
VickiIL
Turning the Heel

Sadly much of our food (meats and veggies)has been altered from it's natural state. We try to buy organic when ever possible. It can cost a bit more but we have joined produce co-ops and searched for local farms, butchers, etc that have better prices for organic foods. We have noticed a huge difference not only in the taste of the veggies and other organic foods (the taste is so much better) but also in how we feel.
sockettes in KP Bare tweed

Crocheting:
Fat Bottom Bag from SNB - Crochet

Reading:
Saving Fish from Drowning by Amy Tan
VickiIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 01:46 PM   #10
cookworm
Working the Gusset

Originally Posted by brendajos
I am always amazed by people who say "yuck" to organic food like there is something wrong with it, when you are actually getting food as God intended you to have it...without all the pesticides and nasty additives.
I don't turn my nose up organics--not only are you getting food the way it was intended to be eaten, but also, you're paying for 100% product. The problem with injecting the packaged chicken with broth for me isn't so much the sodium content is it is the added weight that you're paying for that you're not eating. You're pay whatever price per pound for "meat", but part of that is liquid. That bugs me. Also, "broth" usually consists of MSG and other byproducts I don't necessary want to ingest (what exactly is "hydrolyzed yeast", anyway???), and I don't want someone else making a choice for me on what to put in my meat to flavor it, thank you very much, plus, those additives are just plain disgusting and unhealthy.

I'm on flickr, too!
I love to knit shawls...after all, a girl can't have too many shawls!
cookworm is offline   Reply With Quote