Old 10-27-2006, 11:59 AM   #1
Snoopy_slc
Casting On

Help designing a dance shoe bag pattern, please!
Hi all!

I'm new here, and I'm so glad to have found you all! The wealth of information, knowledge and help here is AMAZING! Thank you!

I'm hoping somone can help me put together what I'm looking for. I can follow a pattern pretty well, but making my own is beyond me.

Here's what I'd like to do: I'm looking to make a felted bag to carry my ballroom dance/tango shoes in. I'm thinking a booga bag style would probably work out pretty well, but it needs to be considerably longer to hold a pair of shoes with high heels. I also thought it would be fun to put something cute on it, and I saw a posting with these nifty pictures earlier today. I think #73-33 looks relatively simple but still cute. (http://www.breienmetplezier.nl/Breipatronen/dieren.htm)

Do you think this could work out? Is this deceptively simple-looking but really difficult? How should I go about this? Or does anyone have other patterns/ideas/suggestions?

Thanks sooooo much!

~Krista~
Snoopy_slc is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-01-2006, 04:46 PM   #2
Snoopy_slc
Casting On

Well, gee. No input as yet. How about I reframe my question?

Has anyone worked with these patterns that look like cross stitch patterns? How has it worked out? Do you think this will be as easy as it appears, or ridiculously complicated?

I think I can put this together, I'm just nervous about trying this design thing. I suppose it's just a matter of getting up my nerve and giving it a shot, huh?

Cheers!

~Krista~
Snoopy_slc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 05:49 PM   #3
CarmenIbanez
Grafting the Toe

Hildie has embellished some felted objects. I don't see why you couldn't do it. I would use the duplicate stitch to do the pattern after you make the bag, but before felting? Let's see if we can get Hildie's attention....
CarmenIbanez is offline   Reply With Quote