Old 10-27-2006, 05:18 PM   #1
faith
Casting On

Send a message via Yahoo to faith
Need u'r expert suggestions
Hello everyone, I am new to this board and new to knitting. I know how to knit and purl. I manage to knit a bag and felt it. Knitting was not to bad. But the price of the yarn was. The bag cost me 80.00 to make that included yarn, addi needles and having someone felt it for me.

I've been crocheting for 35 years. Knitting 5 months. I love knitting. I want to get better at it. I was wondering if you could suggest a video tape or book out there. I do not know what to buy to learn other techn. So I am asking you experienced knitters for your suggestions.
I have knitted 3 scarves and want to learn how to knit socks. Classes are too costly. So I will need a good book or tape. Can you help? Thank you all and live victoriously!

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-27-2006, 05:22 PM   #2
knitqueen
Grafting the Toe

This is the best sock tutorial out there, by our very own Silver! Lots of photos, great descriptions and easy to follow. It should help you out A LOT.

Also, if you haven't looked already this very site has many many videos showing all kinds of different techniques, including portions of sock knitting. The tabs at the top of this page will take you to 'Basic Techniques' and 'Advanced Techniques', also the 'Abbreviations Explained' tab has loads of good info.
knitqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 06:25 PM   #3
Calamintha
Knitting the Flap

Unfortunately, knitting is such a big subject that I don't know of any books that cover everything. You could try getting books through your library to see if any suit your purposes.

I much prefer to knit socks on 2 circulars. I find it far easier than knitting on dpns. The only tricky part about knitting socks is doing the heel the first time. It really helps to have someone show you that part if you have any yarn stores where the staff could help you with that. You can learn from books or online tutorials though if you have to.!
Calamintha is offline   Reply With Quote