Old 01-01-2007, 09:42 AM   #31
Deeknit
Turning the Heel

Send a message via AIM to Deeknit
Skyblue and River.....

Tallahassee is well worth the drive up.. There are 3 stores now.....Faye's needlework (most yarn, biggest assortment), WoolyBully (newest but great yarn like Southwest Trading Company) and Really Knit Stuff (great sock yarn selections and the new HandMaiden stuff.

On the first Friday of the month, WoolyBully and Really Knit Stuff stay open late because of the area of town they are in and lots' of people are around.

Let me know if you want to drive up some Saturday and meet, I'll take you around. Bring cash or the credit card.
www.deeknitter.blogspot.com
Deeknit is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-01-2007, 02:49 PM   #32
SkyBluePink
1st Leg of the Journey

Deeknit, that sounds great! I will definitely be making plans to visit Tallahassee. I've been bitten by the knitting bug, but I'm also in school full-time as well as working full-time. So my knitting time is a bit limited lately. Which is sad.

But I will definitely be contacting you soon!

Many thanks,

Kate

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss
SkyBluePink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 02:57 PM   #33
SkyBluePink
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by River
nope no yarn stores in town, you will have to drive to Tallahassee or fort walton. I have been to a real yarn store yet.
Hopefully soon I'll be able to hit either Tally or Fort Walton. I'm going to go nuts in the store, I just know it.

Thanks for responding,

Kate

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. --Dr. Seuss
SkyBluePink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 07:24 PM   #34
Deeknit
Turning the Heel

How's all the Florida knitters tonite?

Whatcha knitting on this weekend?
Old 01-09-2007, 10:56 PM   #35
YouCantBuyThisMovement
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via AIM to YouCantBuyThisMovement Send a message via Yahoo to YouCantBuyThisMovement
Yay!
Hi Florida girl born and raised! I live in Ponce de Leon which is about an hour from anything. I knew there were yarn stores in Tall. but I hardly have the time but I go to Ft. Walton when I go see a movie that or Panama city. Yup both an hour away. I would love to know where set store is, or perhaps what it is called??? I am going to Orlando to see friends in March and oh buddy I am going to start saving now and hit every store I can find. Sighs from happy thoughts.

Florida knitting can be tough I think this summer I will make some cotton storty shorts! Who's in?
YouCantBuyThisMovement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2007, 05:26 AM   #36
Deeknit
Turning the Heel

The Ft Walton yarn shop is calledUnwind.

Directions should be on website above.

Also, on the First Friday of everymonth, 2 of our LYS stay open late (I think until 9pm). Might be a fun Friday to drive over to Tally.

Please feel free to contact me if you every want to come over to Tallahassee on a Saturday and do a 3 shop tour.....
Old 01-10-2007, 10:48 AM   #37
Friskums

Re: Olrando Florida - Distaff Day 07 - January 6
Originally Posted by Debbie
The first year I learned to knit I thought I was the only person in Orlando who knits. I had joined a Florida knitting yahoo group and when the information about Distaff Day arrived, I decided to go. WOW a huge room full of knitters and spinners .... and I found my WONDERFUL knitting group .... Knit or Knot !! If you are looking for a central Florida group ... this is a great place to start!!!
Debbie, did you go to the Distaff Day last weekend? I went with my friend Jenn and we were learning to spin. I had no idea I missed out on meeting a KHer!

There's also the Orlando Knit Wits meetup group (link) which is what I go to since it's the only one I've found that doesn't conflict with my work schedule. (Or require me to get up at 8 am on a saturday).
Old 01-10-2007, 08:10 PM   #38
YouCantBuyThisMovement
1st Leg of the Journey

Send a message via AIM to YouCantBuyThisMovement Send a message via Yahoo to YouCantBuyThisMovement
yay!!!
Thank you so very much Deeknit. I will be sure to check it out don't you worry about that.

YouCantBuyThisMovement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 06:55 PM   #39
Silver
Instepping Out

Hello all you other Floridians! I'm in Orange Park, FL which is just southwest of Jacksonville.

Don't you love knitting in Florida? Sometimes it gets cool enough so that I can actually think about wearing the sweaters I've knit. Sometimes I even wear socks.

Silver's Sock Classes
Shop: On The Town Knitting Bags, hand made elegant small project bags.
My Blog, Write | KBelle on Ravelry | ComeToSilver on Plurk | Puppies, Jinx & Hex Photos & Videos
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 07:33 AM   #40
Debbie
Working the Gusset

Friskums - Yes, Yes ... I was at Distaff Day! Were you and Jenn learning to spin with the spindles? I bet you were the cute young ones of the group! I brought the pink purse and hat for show and tell ... and ... lost the bag of pretty pastel wool at the Yankee Swap ... that was me whining

It was such a good day !!! I wish we had known we are both KHers!

Our guild is having a class with Chris Bysmla http://www.chrisbylsmadesigns.com/
on March 24 . There are still spaces available if any one wants to join us. I think the cost will be about $75.00 . We will be doing two - three hour workshops but have not decided which ones. She will be at Sip & Knit the next day doing the Crayon Box Jacket.

HI SILVER !!!! I miss you around here!

I am DebbieKnits on Ravelery
Debbie is offline   Reply With Quote