Old 10-28-2006, 10:56 AM   #1
Quiara
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via AIM to Quiara Send a message via Yahoo to Quiara
Memphis, TN
Or Tennessee in general. There are some great groups and stores in the area, but I'm always up for learning about more. I know there's the local guild, but there's also the group I meet with (Memphis SnB), a few knit nights at local store (Yarn 2 Go, Yarniverse, Rainbow yarns, etc.) Anything else? I know of one other Memphis knitter on here. . . Anyone else?

Find me on as Quiara. ^_^
Quiara is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 11-01-2006, 03:24 PM   #2
nonny2t
Instepping Out

Looks like we are it Quiara! BTW, which LYS do you recommend as the best? I have heard a couple complaints about the one over on or off of Poplar. Is that Yarniverse? I just wondered where the best place was to get needles as I have found that places like Michaels and Hobby Lobby don't have the best variety. I can only use the aluminum needles. Can't knit with bamboo or the plastic ones for some reason. PS: What does the SnB stand for?

Faye
nonny2t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 03:30 PM   #3
Quiara
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via AIM to Quiara Send a message via Yahoo to Quiara
I think all of the yarn stores except Yarn Studio are either on or just off of Poplar. Yarn To Go is on Poplar. Yarniverse is off Poplar on Mendenhall. Rainbow Yarns is off Poplar in Germantown on Exeter. Yarn Studio is at Cooper and Central. Yarniverse gets often bad reviews because they're not customer service oriented. Some people get treated pretty shabbily by the proprietors. Yarn to Go is operated by a sweet lady, but her prices/stock aren't the best. Rainbow Yarns is operated by Bridgette and she's a hoot. She's got decent prices and a reasonably large stock. It's just all what you like or don't like. I know some people who love Yarn Studio, but I know at least one person who will absolutely never go back. It just depends. Yarniverse has the biggest selection, I think, but they're not top notch in customer service. As far as needles, though, I say bite the bullet and order a set of KnitPicks Options and knit away in nickel-covered bliss. ^_^

Find me on as Quiara. ^_^
Quiara is offline   Reply With Quote