Old 10-29-2006, 03:29 PM   #1
noejusti
1st Leg of the Journey

Need help with choosing size of sweater
Hi,
I am thinking about making the Fair Isle U-Neck Pullover seen on page 74 of Vogue Knitting from Fall 2006. My problem is that it is described as very close-fitting, and my body measurements don't go with just one size. My bust size falls between the medium and large size of the pattern, and my waist size is a little smaller than size small. (my body shape is hourglass) I have chosen larger sizes before and always hated that the finished item looked a little baggy around my waist. This sweater should be close fitting and has bands of fair isle in it (as shown on the model). So what size do I chose?
Also, it is in Dale of Norway "Heilo", but I was thinking of using KnitPicks "Telemark" (which is about $4 cheaper per ball). Do you think that will work well?
Thank you for your help.

noejusti is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-29-2006, 03:32 PM   #2
suzeeq
Knit On!

Thanked 6,450 Times in 6,035 Posts
Send a message via Yahoo to suzeeq
If you have a sweater now that you like the fit of, measure it and see where it falls in the sizing. With sweaters that are fitted, you can go for the bust size, and do extra decrease rows for the waist shaping. Or do a smaller size for the waist/lower sweater, and the next one up for your bust/upper sweater.

sue
suzeeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 04:08 PM   #3
CarmenIbanez
Grafting the Toe

I am knitting that sweater right now. I started in the medium, as it fit my waist measurements and then transitioned from the medium to the large instructions when I finished the waist. The increasing for the bust is slightly different, but I didn't find it hard to adapt.
CarmenIbanez is offline   Reply With Quote