Old 04-08-2008, 11:34 AM   #1121
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,845 Times in 1,909 Posts
Originally Posted by wewantmore View Post
Sandy I know we will be meeting at her house, but I believe she said she' just a few mins from Dan Nicholas park. So I'd send the family there while I chatted er knitted.
Gotcha!
As usual, I fell into the "airhead zone".

Originally Posted by beekaync View Post
Yeah, Dan Nichols is about 10 - 12 miles south of me. There is Boones Cave Park 2-4 miles away. I haven't been there in a few years, and I think the only thing there is the cave that Daniel supposedly hid in from the Indians. Its a GREAT short hike down to it (coming back up can be a killer, haha) but from what I recall, there aren't any of the typical park like things there. I could be wrong tho..... it's been a while.
I really should check out that place sometime. My step-dad is a descendant of Daniel Boone.
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 04-09-2008, 01:34 PM   #1122
llamamomma
Casting On

Hi Everyone. My name is Wendy and I live about 30 minutes (give or take) north east of Raleigh NC. Anyone in this area?

I am new to the site and a total newbie to the world of knitting. I am looking forward to getting to know you all better while I try to figure out what in the world I am doing...rflmao
llamamomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:29 PM   #1123
sheilaksp
Ribbing the Cuff

Originally Posted by llamamomma View Post
Hi Everyone. My name is Wendy and I live about 30 minutes (give or take) north east of Raleigh NC. Anyone in this area?

I am new to the site and a total newbie to the world of knitting. I am looking forward to getting to know you all better while I try to figure out what in the world I am doing...rflmao
Wendy when you say north east what are you near. I am I guess South of Raleigh in the Fayetteville area.
sheilaksp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:06 PM   #1124
llamamomma
Casting On

Originally Posted by sheilaksp View Post
Wendy when you say north east what are you near. I am I guess South of Raleigh in the Fayetteville area.
I am 30 or so minutes north east of Raleigh near Louisburg and Wake Forest. Fayetteville would be roughly a 1 1/2 hour or 2 hour drive for me.
llamamomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 11:03 PM   #1125
Howdovely
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via Yahoo to Howdovely
Originally Posted by llamamomma View Post
I am 30 or so minutes north east of Raleigh near Louisburg and Wake Forest. Fayetteville would be roughly a 1 1/2 hour or 2 hour drive for me.
I'm in Raleigh quite often - my boyfriend lives in Raleigh and works in Wake Forest. I'm over near Lexington - 2 hours west of Raleigh.

----> Howdovely
OTN: Pinwheel blanket for me; Camo Teddy Bear for future crib
COMPLETED: Lapghan for me; Baby Sweater #2; Steelers Skull Cap; Baby Sweater #1; 2 Baby blankets; Prayer Shawl for Charity; Bamboo Scarf; 8 Oddball Baby Blankets for Charity; Booga Bag for me; baby blanket for my neighbor; 3 Dishcloths for my sister
Howdovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 02:33 PM   #1126
bosybil
Casting On

Thanks Sandy for starting this forum. I am a shop owner in Manteo and have been knitting since I was 5. Now that I am on my way to 62, that a lot of years! Weaving, spinning, fiber dyeing and crochet are all a passion for me. I am surely a certified fiberholic! I tried sewing for a number of years but it did not hold my interest like these do. Since I am a shop owner, I do not have a lot of time to go to other places and explore. So, I depend on my customers and forums like these to help me stay involved and fresh in my creativity.

I have found over the years that the fiber community is a warm, caring and sharing community and hope I will be able to contribute meaningfully on this forum.

Anybody want to come to the Outer Banks and get a little sand in your fiber?

Sybil
bosybil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 03:07 PM   #1127
Cynamar
Working the Gusset

Send a message via AIM to Cynamar Send a message via Yahoo to Cynamar
I lived in Roxboro when I was engaged once. I loved it there! I would've dumped the dude & stayed but Julianne's dad wanted her close. Don't know why. He doesn't take her. My sis & her husband and my dad & step-mom all live in High Point. I love North Carolina!

While there's tea there's hope. - Sir Arthur Pinero

My KH Blog Thread

My Blog
Cynamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:14 AM   #1128
Howdovely
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via Yahoo to Howdovely
Originally Posted by bosybil View Post
Thanks Sandy for starting this forum. I am a shop owner in Manteo and have been knitting since I was 5. Now that I am on my way to 62, that a lot of years! Weaving, spinning, fiber dyeing and crochet are all a passion for me. I am surely a certified fiberholic! I tried sewing for a number of years but it did not hold my interest like these do. Since I am a shop owner, I do not have a lot of time to go to other places and explore. So, I depend on my customers and forums like these to help me stay involved and fresh in my creativity.

I have found over the years that the fiber community is a warm, caring and sharing community and hope I will be able to contribute meaningfully on this forum.

Anybody want to come to the Outer Banks and get a little sand in your fiber?

Sybil
Hi Sybil!! We are heading over to Shakleford Banks to see the wild horses and do shell hunting in a few weeks!! I can't wait! I've lived in NC for around 5 or 6 years and have never been to the NC ocean yet! We are staying in Morehead City (that is, if I EVER get around to reserving a room!) and also touring around Beaufort. Is any of that near you?
Brenda

----> Howdovely
OTN: Pinwheel blanket for me; Camo Teddy Bear for future crib
COMPLETED: Lapghan for me; Baby Sweater #2; Steelers Skull Cap; Baby Sweater #1; 2 Baby blankets; Prayer Shawl for Charity; Bamboo Scarf; 8 Oddball Baby Blankets for Charity; Booga Bag for me; baby blanket for my neighbor; 3 Dishcloths for my sister
Howdovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:30 AM   #1129
bosybil
Casting On

Brenda, you are about 80 miles as the crow flies and 180 by car on the inland route and 120 by ferry to Ocracoke Island and Hatteras Island. That is a real nice area to start your exploration of the NC Outer Banks.

Our area is steeped in history (Birth place of America - Lost Colony, Civil war battles and the Wright Brothers first flight and more) and a haven for artists. Hope you can visit our area soon.
Have a GREAT day!
Sybil
bosybil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 08:51 PM   #1130
lestrella
Turning the Heel

How's everyone doing? It's been a while. I haven't been knitting much lately. My mom was visiting for a whole month and my husband was out of town and I didn't have that much time to spend in the computer. I hope everyone is having a great time!!

Check my flickr photos!
lestrella is offline   Reply With Quote