Old 10-25-2008, 05:38 AM   #1241
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,907 Posts
Woo Hoo! TWO Michelles!!
(I was talking to wewantmore in my last post.)

You're BOTH invited to have lunch with us if you want. I'm bringing egg salad, peanut butter and jelly, and a loaf of bread. I'll also have a few bottles of water, but there might not be enough of that to go around.

So, if you both want, you can bring a bag of chips, some cookies, and a couple more bottles of water, and we should be set!

We can probably just sit together at the bleachers and talk while we eat. Fast, simple, and we can get right back to browsing.

Misha, I don't know if I have your cell number or not. I'll send you both a private message with my cell.
See you at SAFF!!
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 10-25-2008, 05:42 AM   #1242
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Originally Posted by Howdovely View Post
........I'm sad I will miss it, AGAIN!
I'm sad too!
I'll miss you, Brenda.
Old 10-25-2008, 06:40 PM   #1243
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

SAFF was wonderful!!!

Believe it or not, I was back home at 4:20.
My mother drove us there, and we arrived at about 9:30. I walked around all the displays 3 times, and bought all I could afford. In fact, I had 70 dollars left in my purse! I wanted to buy more, but decided to save the rest of my money for real life.

I was ready to leave at about 2:30, so we hit the road. My mother is a DEMON driver, so we made it home in record time. I fell asleep on the way back....it was nice to have a chauffeur.

I think her favorite part of the event was the alpacas. Mine was the YARN and the FIBER!!!

Here's what I got:

4 merino wool rovings....GORGEOUS!!!!
2 new bobbins for my spinning wheel
A flick carder
A handmade barrette
and 6 vintage circular needles for $1 each.

I was lucky enough to see misha rf, wewantmore, as well as a couple Ravelry friends. It was a good day!

Now, I'm gonna collapse and catch up on my sleep before tomorrow. (I was only able to sleep for 3 hours last night, because I was so excited about SAFF!!)
Old 10-25-2008, 08:06 PM   #1244
misha rf

It was good to see you, Sandy!

I saw a few friends from Ravelry, my SIL (who was helping a friend with her booth) and a former co-worker. I knew she had llamas, but I didn't realize she had a booth at SAFF! I didn't see her last year or the year before. I left around 2:30 too (got there around 10:30 or so) & had a semi-nap when I got home.

I bought 4 skeins for me, 1 for my sister (her birthday is next month). I was a good girl and only charged the 1. I joked with one of the vendors that I was paying cash so my husband wouldn't know how much I'd really spent. At some point, I'll take download the pics of my haul.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:41 PM   #1245
wewantmore
Knitting the Flap

Sandy it was great seeing you. We too left around 2. I had a great time, only wish I had more money and that I knew the good yarns that were there so I knew what to buy. Which I guess it's better I don't know so that I don't buy.

Either way, I did spend WAY too much. I found a lace yarn I liked and bought 8 skeins. Plus the other stuff I bought.

Sandy, happy to see you bought one of those hair clips.

Michelle

wewantmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 01:18 AM   #1246
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

We had a busy day, didn't we?!
And all that beautiful fiber and yarn.
I am always amazed by SAFF.

This year, it kinda felt like there wasn't as much as usual, but maybe I'm just getting used to it all.

And funny thing. I've never gone into any of the other buildings before until this year. I've usually spent my entire SAFF visit in the main arena. But this year, my mother wanted to see what was in the other buildings, and we made the complete tour. There was another whole set of vendors in one of the buildings! Makes me wonder if I've missed them all the OTHER years I've gone.

Michelle (wewantmore), was this your first trip there? If so, I bet you were blown away by all the gorgeous yarn. I know I was AMAZED my first year. And believe it or not, I only had 10 dollars in my pocket that first year.

Misha, I thought it was so funny that neither of us could think of anything to talk about when we ran into each other. We were both just chomping at the bit to go look at all the booths!

I can't wait to see photos of what you have both bought!

It was wonderful to see you both.

By the way, I ran into the president of the Charlotte Knitting Guild while I was there. She's such a sweet soul. A great improvement over the previous one. She remembered me from when she gave me some wool squares for my charity knitting.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:57 AM   #1247
Howdovely
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via Yahoo to Howdovely
Originally Posted by Shandeh View Post
SAFF was wonderful!!!

Here's what I got:

4 merino wool rovings....GORGEOUS!!!!
2 new bobbins for my spinning wheel
A flick carder
A handmade barrette
and 6 vintage circular needles for $1 each.

I'm drooling.............................

----> Howdovely
OTN: Pinwheel blanket for me; Camo Teddy Bear for future crib
COMPLETED: Lapghan for me; Baby Sweater #2; Steelers Skull Cap; Baby Sweater #1; 2 Baby blankets; Prayer Shawl for Charity; Bamboo Scarf; 8 Oddball Baby Blankets for Charity; Booga Bag for me; baby blanket for my neighbor; 3 Dishcloths for my sister
Howdovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 07:47 PM   #1248
misha rf

I think there were fewer vendors this year. Definitely more empty spots in the main arena, though it made getting around a little easier. Last year & the year before, they had a handful of vendors in the barn next to the llamas. This year, no vendors in there, and about half the number of llamas. (I could have sworn there were about 6 llama vendors there last year. Maybe 8.) Last year, the alpacas were in the sales arena. This year, they were in another barn and there were vendors in the sales arena. I know there were vendors that I bought from last year who weren't there this year.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:40 AM   #1249
ncwanda
Casting On

Can You Help Me Learn 2 Knit?? I'm in Greenville, NC!

Hello everyone. I'm in GREENVILLE, North Carolina.. I'm disabled and have alot of time on my hands.

I have been desperating "trying" for 3 months to find someone near me, that has the time to show me HOW to knit. So far, no luck. I even tried to learn online with the video's but, I simply don't understand them all that well. I have always been taught how to do things 1 on 1 with someone...

Is there anyone near GREENVILLE, that has time to teach me how to knit..? IF I can just get going, then maybe I can keep learning as i go. I got 1 small pair of circular knitting needles and some yarn. Please let me know if anyone is interested in helping me.

I'd love to make things to donate to babies or sick people, ect and be of some use to others in need.

Thanks,
Wanda
ncwanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 08:03 PM   #1250
Howdovely
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via Yahoo to Howdovely
I would LOVE to show you how to knit, but unfortunately I am nowhere near you.

Do you have any local yarn stores that you could ask? Or even someone that works at the Wal-Mart craft dept., or at Michaels or Hobby Lobby? Someone local must know someone that knits.....

----> Howdovely
OTN: Pinwheel blanket for me; Camo Teddy Bear for future crib
COMPLETED: Lapghan for me; Baby Sweater #2; Steelers Skull Cap; Baby Sweater #1; 2 Baby blankets; Prayer Shawl for Charity; Bamboo Scarf; 8 Oddball Baby Blankets for Charity; Booga Bag for me; baby blanket for my neighbor; 3 Dishcloths for my sister
Howdovely is offline   Reply With Quote