Old 01-26-2007, 11:29 AM   #121
knitting4babybear
Turning the Heel

Originally Posted by Shandeh
I checked with my cousin, and she said that she will start carrying Koigu this summer. But she doesn't have it now. Sorry, Bear. It won't be long though!
Oh that's totally fine! She has Debbie Bliss!

I got my Malabrigo fix taken care of (I think *gulp* ) but I could definitely use a few skeins of Debbie Bliss. Someone remind me that I want sock yarn! I get a little crazed in yarn stores....

On Needles: Things that seem to fly off as rapidly as they were cast on because of my apparent aversion to finishing, oh...anything. Anything at all.
knitting4babybear is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-26-2007, 06:20 PM   #122
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,843 Times in 1,908 Posts
I'll do my best, but I'll probably get sidetracked myself!

My money seems to just jump out of my purse when I go to a yarn store, saying, "Spend me! Spend me!"
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 10:02 PM   #123
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

I can't believe our knit-together is TOMORROW!!!!!
The time has just FLOWN by!!!

To my knowledge, the Charlotte knitters coming are myself, Bear, lestrella, and lissalue.

I'll see you ladies at Barnes and Noble at the Arboretum tomorrow!
Old 01-26-2007, 11:58 PM   #124
lissalue
Instepping Out

xxx

lissalue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 12:03 AM   #125
lestrella
Turning the Heel

I'll see you guys tomorrow!

Welcome to the group Jessica. Perhaps you can come to the next meeting.
lestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 12:12 AM   #126
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Yay! I just want to jump and shout!

But, as you all know.....I NEED TO GO TO SLEEP!!!
:?

I have my camera ready, with two sets of batteries for back-up. My memory card allows me to take more than 200 photos, so I think we're in business. I even have my tripod so I can turn on the timer and take some group photos!

I'll bring some 40% off coupons for Hobby Lobby just in case we feel like "slumming" after our Cottage Yarn visit.

I'm also bringing some knitting magazines I'm no longer using. You ladies can fight over them tomorrow. I might even bring some yarn as well! (I have WAY more than I will ever use in my craft room.)

Zippadee doo dah!!!
Old 01-27-2007, 01:10 AM   #127
lissalue
Instepping Out

Sandy, you are the absolute bestest! i can't wait. i couldn't sleep so i went to walmart, just got back! i walked around and looked at the yarn thinking i am going shopping tomorrow, no yarn tonight over and over to myself, so i made it out with only two balls of peaches and cream it is for teachers valentines presents, so i couldn't not buy it, right ?

i am so bad and weak! i had to do something to get me through until tomorrow!

i can't wait!

lissalue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 06:28 AM   #128
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Melissa, you are SO FUNNY! Poor thing, you're ready for your yarn fix!

I guess I'm just as bad. I CAN'T SLEEP!!! Well, I take that back....I DID sleep from 11:30 until 4:30. But, Marvin woke me up to say goodbye early this morning, and then I couldn't get back to sleep. I kept imagining meeting everyone and having fun talking and knitting with you all. So, I just gave up and got out of bed to see if anyone left any messages.

I might have to sit and knit for a while to help me calm down. Nothing like the feel of yarn and needles in my hands to help me slow down. If I can't knit, then I'll spin some yarn....or look at my knitting books and dream of my next project.

I'll probably lie down again at about 7:00. That will give me over two hours more of sleep. I'll be fine.

I was trying to figure out what I will wear for today, and really wanted to wear something I have knit myself. But, I have given away almost everything I've ever made! I might bring my teal shawl. I know ONE thing I can wear - my striped socks!!

Now, I'm looking online to see if Michaels or AC Moore has anything on sale this weekend. We'll be passing Michaels, Hobby Lobby and AC Moore on the way to and from Cottage Yarn. I guess you'd have to call that road "Yarn Alley".

We'll just have to see how our time goes. There is another yarn shop in Matthews also. You know....the one that is sometimes rude to me. Maybe we'll go there and egg the place.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:35 AM   #129
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Hey! I just remembered! You guys are going to see the Christening Gown I made!!! It's on display at Cottage Yarn!
Old 01-27-2007, 09:15 AM   #130
knitaholic
1st Leg of the Journey

Originally Posted by Shandeh
Hey! I just remembered! You guys are going to see the Christening Gown I made!!! It's on display at Cottage Yarn!

I wish I could go with you all--but I can't this time Sounds like you're going to have a ball. Maybe next time I can come. Have fun!

Knitaholic
knitaholic is offline   Reply With Quote