Old 01-27-2007, 10:28 AM   #131
lissalue
Instepping Out

I couldn't sleep either! i tossed and turned all night! and now, i am so ready to leave, but alas, it is way too early. i will wear the first scarf i ever made, it is the only thing i have made that i still have.

if anyone has any bernat boa on sale i would like some of that. i know michael's did a couple weeks ago and i didn't get any, and now i need it

see you later on today!!

sorry you can't come knitaholic, we will hopefully see you next time

oh, and i can't wait to see your christening gown sandy!
i have a surprise for you!!

lissalue is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-27-2007, 11:08 AM   #132
Jeep_Girl
Instepping Out

Have fun, girls!

OTN: A sock which will get ripped soon, a scarf....
Jeep_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 11:38 AM   #133
Belphoebe
Knitting the Flap

Send a message via AIM to Belphoebe
Due to my ex, I won't be able to make it today. Someone send me pics and give me details! Hopefully on the next get together I'll be able to come. Have fun and get lots of great yarn!
Belphoebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 11:49 AM   #134
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,847 Times in 1,911 Posts
I'm so SAD that all of you can't come today!

Maybe next time, we can plan further ahead, and have more people come.

But, for now, the few of us that CAN meet will be thinking of you, and having a toast in your honor at Starbucks. Even though it won't be alcohol, it will be a drink.

My sweet hubby has also given us a treat. Coupons for FREE CHICKEN SANDWICHES at Chick-Fil-A!!!!

Well, I'd better hit the road, so I can make it up to the north side of town in time to get Bear, then head back down to the south side of town to meet the rest of you! If you don't see me, give me a call. As you know, I'm a slow driver, so I might be held up in traffic.

See you all in a couple hours!!!!
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 02:36 PM   #135
zip

Weather.com reads "Abundant sunshine. High 63F. " I hope you ladies are having fun!
Old 01-27-2007, 06:52 PM   #136
Hildegard_von_Knittin
2nd Sock, I Rock

darn I am soooooooooooo jealous of you all knitting together!!!

Now I know how you feel when us ILpeople get together
Old 01-27-2007, 08:59 PM   #137
lissalue
Instepping Out

i am home, and it was soooooo fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so, we did no knitting, but lots of shopping and giggling. it was so fun! we are going to have another one soon! shandeh will post the pics soon i hope!

Old 01-27-2007, 11:32 PM   #138
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Yes Melissa, we DID have fun, didn't we?
It was very nice meeting my twin

The four of us met at Barnes & Noble as we planned. We looked at magazines and books, drank Starbucks and talked, bought one book and one magazine, then hit the road for the yarn store!

We certainly had fun looking at yarn and patterns and knitting needles! Everyone got their yarn fix, and enjoyed talking and spending time together. It was a very nice day!

We even had time to do some discount yarn shopping at a couple craft stores as well!! And everyone enjoyed their free Chick-Fil-A sandwiches, courtesy of my sweet hubby.

When we got back to Barnes and Noble to say goodbye, we were all sad to leave. I definitely felt tears coming on, and I noticed some wet eyes on the others as well.

It's so nice to have new friends in our town to knit with!! I can't wait to have another get-together!!!!
Old 01-27-2007, 11:36 PM   #139
lissalue
Instepping Out

yay!!! there we are!

if you want to see pics of what i got, got to my blog http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting...1765&start=210

it was so great!

Old 01-27-2007, 11:45 PM   #140
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

I hope the three of you don't mind, but I'm posting photos of you here, because they all look lovely!!! (I originally said that I would have you all approve them before posting.)

Lissalue had her VERY FIRST visit to a yarn store today, and she was in yarn heaven. Can't you see the glow in her eyes?

Lestrella showed us her beautiful scarf, which is still on the needles, as well as some GORGEOUS handmade doll clothes!! She is so talented!

Babybear was right at home at the yarn shop, and left us in the dust as she chose just the right yarn for her knitting projects. She's a pro at this!

I was very happy with my haul today. A new pattern book by Patons, the latest issue of Piecework magazine, and three more skeins of Debbie Bliss Pure Silk. Eventually, I will have enough of that yarn to make the Nicole Camisole & Panty set by White Lies Design. I joked with everyone that I will probably have enough yarn to make the lingerie when I turn 80!

Babybear and Lissalue completely surprised me with presents! Two skeins of beautiful Jojoland Melody 100% Wool sock yarn from Lissalue, and a box of yummy Celestial Seasonings "Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride" tea from Babybear. Thank you both so much!

Here's another view of my new sock yarn!