Old 01-27-2007, 11:52 PM   #141
Shandeh
Sock Yarn Bliss

Thanked 2,842 Times in 1,907 Posts
Unfortunately, that's all the photos I have of our get-together today. My stupid camera wiped out all my other photos when I changed batteries today!

Next time, I'm changing batteries BEFORE the get-together!
Shandeh is offline   Reply With Quote

This advertising will not be shown to registered members. Join our free online community today!

Old 01-27-2007, 11:53 PM   #142
lissalue
Instepping Out

we are sooo cute! and yeah, i had the yarn store glow going on!!

lissalue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2007, 11:54 PM   #143
lissalue
Instepping Out

Originally Posted by Shandeh
Unfortunately, that's all the photos I have of our get-together today. My stupid camera wiped out all my other photos when I changed batteries today!

Next time, I'm changing batteries BEFORE the get-together!
just saw this! stoopy camera, how dare it delete us and our cuteness!

Old 01-27-2007, 11:58 PM   #144
Jenelle
Instepping Out

Send a message via AIM to Jenelle Send a message via MSN to Jenelle Send a message via Yahoo to Jenelle
So adorable!

I'm so glad all of you had a good day today!
Old 01-28-2007, 01:15 AM   #145
lestrella
Turning the Heel

I definetely had a great time today. I am so glad I met these wonderful ladies. Man, we do look good in those pictures, don't we?

I hope we can plan another meeting soon.

By the way, that scarf is driving me crazy. That yarn keeps getting tangled. I think I'm just going to forget about it and start a new one with a different yarn.

Melissa, I found the silver sock tutorial. Thanks for the info. I can't wait to start my socks.

Sandy, thanks again for the lovely yarn and the leaflet.

Here are pictures of the things I got today. I hope they are not too small. I wasn't sure about the right size for posting pictures.
Attached Images:

lestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 01:33 AM   #146
Hildegard_von_Knittin
2nd Sock, I Rock

You guys look FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sooooooooo jealous!!! Your first knittogether had 100% more people than the first IL knitogether... it was just KK and I!!!
Old 01-28-2007, 02:13 AM   #147
knitting4babybear
Turning the Heel

OMG I don't even know where to START.

First of all, in case you can't tell SHANDEH is THE hostest with the mostest. She's one of the sweetest people ever - super accomodating, super generous and as thoughtful a person as I have EVER met. Ever. And that's no exxageration - kisses and hugs to Shandeh. She came bearing coupons and free lunch cards and shuttled us all around like a little herd of sheep.

Lestrella and Lissalue were amazing too. Both sweet, easy to talk to, fun to be around and nice as all get out. Truly. The MOST enjoyable part of the day - yes, the yarn petting included - was how at home everyone was. We had an amazing time together - it was like getting together with old friends.

The yarn store - was my absolute FAVORITE so far in Charlotte without question. Look at that GLEAM in my eye! Shandeh's cousin has the perfect environment there - it's literally a little house, there's different kinds of yarn in every room with plenty of places to be and sit and knit and I loved every minute of being there. The staff was accomodating and helpful too - I almost feel like we took the place over. I bought a BUTTLOAD of yarn but I personally feel like I made out like fat rat. I bought tons of Debbie Bliss and Karabella - and a gorgeous skein of sock yarn and just - gosh, I can't even remember it all. It's still in my trunk hiding from the accountant I live with. :D I also got some books I was hoping to get my hands on from BN - the Debbie Bliss Baby Knits for Beginners and another one with a ton of sock patterns. I'm actually swatching for one of the patterns from the Debbie Bliss book now (with STASH yarn - can you believe? ).

I ran out of steam toward the end of the day. I just woke up from a nap so I hope no one found me anti-social there at the end, because I definitely enjoyed everyone's company immensely and I can't WAIT to do it again.

We have to actually KNIT next time. I have a feeling lestrella's a pro and doesn't even know it, and there's a thing or two I KNOW I want to pick Shandeh and Lissalue's brains about....for sure.

And sorry to run off on y'all at Cottage - as y'all can tell I LOSE IT around yarn.

I'll post the pics of my haul tomorrow when the light is better in my house. Or as soon as I can safely take it out of my trunk - whichever happens first.

On Needles: Things that seem to fly off as rapidly as they were cast on because of my apparent aversion to finishing, oh...anything. Anything at all.
knitting4babybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 11:55 AM   #148
zip

I'm so glad everything went well! Good times.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:16 PM   #149
lestrella
Turning the Heel

I was so excited last night that I couldn't sleep, so I decided to start working on my first pair of socks. This is what I have so far. What do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	img_0001.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	35740  
lestrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2007, 04:18 PM   #150
lissalue
Instepping Out

i think they are just beautiful!!!

and, you knit way faster than me

i will never finish any socks, i can't even seem to get them started, i keep having to frog!

so, anyway, way to go, they will be great!